Gunbroker Egyptian Rasheed

Thread: Gunbroker Egyptian Rasheed

Default Gunbroker Egyptian Rasheed

I like to watch certain items on Gunbroker just to get an idea of selling prices. I recently watched a Rasheed end with no bids at $1250. the gun was relisted and is now at 3 bids for $1350. Is this a case of people getting cold feet and not bidding? or do you think people just weren't in the right place at the right time? this isn't the first time I've seen this happen and its always made me wonder why.

Auctions offer an excellent representation of various behavioral proclivities and societal norms. Many people are hesitant to be a leader. To take the first step. For presumably unconscious reasons some people’s interest, their focus and desire is dependent (or at least greatly affected by) the action of someone else who tries to acquire the item in question.

There are endless instances of similar behavior. Ever go to a party or a bar with an empty dance floor? As soon as some brave souls start dancing many more will join in. Many a boyfriend, girlfriend, or spouse shows little desire for their opposite until someone else displays an interest. And such behavior is common among animals as well. One of my dogs only wants a particular toy if one of the other dogs is playing with it. Then it becomes a “must have.”

Fear. Hesitancy. A sense of competition. There are many reasons why people seem to act irrationally.
    Purists of the world, unite!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Richard in NY* View Post
    Auctions offer an excellent representation of various behavioral proclivities and societal norms. Many people are hesitant to be a leader. To take the first step. For presumably unconscious reasons some people’s interest, their focus and desire is dependent (or at least greatly affected by) the action of someone else who tries to acquire the item in question.

There are endless instances of similar behavior. Ever go to a party or a bar with an empty dance floor? As soon as some brave souls start dancing many more will join in. Many a boyfriend, girlfriend, or spouse shows little desire for their opposite until someone else displays an interest. And such behavior is common among animals as well. One of my dogs only wants a particular toy if one of the other dogs is playing with it. Then it becomes a “must have.”

Fear. Hesitancy. A sense of competition. There are many reasons why people seem to act irrationally.
    Very wise and one definitely something I thought about. I wonder if those people who waited, regret the decision they did so? I know in my cases I have regretted not acting at all, more than acting right away.