if they get rid of guns they will have more beds

Thread: if they get rid of guns they will have more beds

Default if they get rid of guns they will have more beds

Admittedly this was a couple of months ago but really. You can't make this stuff up.

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Baltimore Mayor Jack Young urged residents to put down their guns and heed orders to stay home after multiple people were shot Tuesday night amidst the coronavirus pandemic.
    Young said hospital beds are needed to treat positive COVID-19 patients and not for senseless violence. Seven people were shot Tuesday night in the Madison Park neighborhood, as Baltimore reported its fifth positive coronavirus case Wednesday.
    “I want to reiterate how completely unacceptable the level of violence is that we have seen recently,” Young said. “We will not stand for mass shootings and an increase in crime.”

If there is firearms confiscation I am sure this will never be an issue again. Have lots of beds for flu patients.
    Plato:
    “Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool”

Quote Originally Posted by Dallased View Post
    Admittedly this was a couple of months ago but really. You can't make this stuff up.

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Baltimore Mayor Jack Young urged residents to put down their guns and heed orders to stay home after multiple people were shot Tuesday night amidst the coronavirus pandemic.
    Young said hospital beds are needed to treat positive COVID-19 patients and not for senseless violence. Seven people were shot Tuesday night in the Madison Park neighborhood, as Baltimore reported its fifth positive coronavirus case Wednesday.
    “I want to reiterate how completely unacceptable the level of violence is that we have seen recently,” Young said. “We will not stand for mass shootings and an increase in crime.”

If there is firearms confiscation I am sure this will never be an issue again. Have lots of beds for flu patients.
    Not to worry. I'm sure many loons in Baltimore want to defund the police also. So....who will do the confiscation? The social workers they hired instead?

Yes the "Pretty please with sugar on top" mindset of the libs really seems to be having an affect.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

I was thinking just the other day..
    how far has the gun violence deaths have gone down since social distancing and work stoppages...?
    i bet its way down..
    you know with all the published killings on tv..net!
    "Christ’s Grace + being constitutionally solvently Give strength resistant To Marxism!

“We will not stand for mass shootings and an increase in crime.”

Hah!!! It's about time! Now, do something positive to achieve your goal! And please at least make an attempt to deal with the shooters and criminals.
    Always looking for interesting 7.62x25 Tokarev and 7.63 Mauser cartridges!!!
    Member: International Ammunition Assoc. (IAA), European Cartridge Research Assoc. (ECRA). Ask me about membership!

Has not worked in Chicago.
    Unless they start putting the crooks in jail it won’t improve.
    Gary

No doubt this announcement with boost demand and sale both legal and no so much legal. Watch body count climb.

cpw is offline Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member

Quote Originally Posted by NY50/70 View Post
    Has not worked in Chicago.
    Unless they start putting the crooks in jail it won’t improve.
    Gary
    Chicago does not have enough jails. Plus that would be racist.
    Charlie
    II Thessalonians 3:10
    Romans 1:26-32
    I Corinthians 6:9

Jail does not work. Execution does.

Quote Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
    100% right. Wish we had death penalty here in Canada, as it is most killers get out in 6-12yrs, or less!

Quote Originally Posted by Str8pull View Post
    100% right. Wish we had death penalty here in Canada, as it is most killers get out in 6-12yrs, or less!
    Trouble is that most US inmates on death row die of old age, although I guess that is better than early release! Costs the taxpayers a bunch, though.

As we approach 10 billion+ on this planet, the survival of the species will overshadow all other human concerns. Decisions over who will survive must be based on facts, and not feelings. Only $$ and firepower will be considered essential. The 3rd world, poor and criminals will be first to go. Rich, advanced countries won't stop for second to consider "humanity" for others or even their own citizens if deemed "Non contributory". Its going to be a bumpy road. Many sense what is coming and are behaving badly.

As we approach 10 billion+ on this planet, the survival of the species will overshadow all other human concerns. Decisions over who will survive must be based on facts, and not feelings. Only $$ and firepower will be considered essential. The 3rd world, poor and criminals will be first to go. Rich, advanced countries won't stop for second to consider "humanity" for others or even their own citizens if deemed "Non contributory". Its going to be a bumpy road. Many sense what is coming and are behaving badly.
    I'm a firm believer that over population is what will destroy us and possibly the Earth, for some reason I seem to remember back in the early 80,s in high school being told that the our planet could only sustain a maximum population of 8 billion.
    People really need to stop having so many children. My wife and I have cut our population in half by only having 1 child, i'm not saying that's what everyone should do, but if every couple only had 2 children then our population would stabilize and start to reduce and that's what the world needs if we want there to be a future for our children!

[QUOTE=Str8pull;
    People really need to stop having so many children. My wife and I have cut our population in half by only having 1 child, i'm not saying that's what everyone should do, but if every couple only had 2 children then our population would stabilize and start to reduce and that's what the world needs if we want there to be a future for our children![/QUOTE]

Nothing you have or will do, will save the planet. All "conservation" and "humanitarian " efforts by developed nations just assist 3rd world nations to overpopulate and pollute. Someday very soon the choice of who will survive will have to made -- or made for us.

The chart doesn't lie, "environmentalists" do:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Annual-World-Population-since-10-thousand-BCE-for-OWID-800x498.png  

Nothing you have or will do, will save the planet. All "conservation" and "humanitarian " efforts by developed nations just assist 3rd world nations to overpopulate and pollute.
    Very true.
    Charlie

Clyde is offline Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon

So does ley de fugas… And a lot quicker and cheaper, though ACLU and Southern Poverty Law Center, LULAC and such will object vociferously to its application.
    Absent comrades (sound of breaking glass)

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    So does ley de fugas… And a lot quicker and cheaper, though ACLU and Southern Poverty Law Center, LULAC and such will object vociferously to its application.
    Those are real enemies of the US

I'm a firm believer that over population is what will destroy us and possibly the Earth, for some reason I seem to remember back in the early 80,s in high school being told that the our planet could only sustain a maximum population of 8 billion.
    People really need to stop having so many children. My wife and I have cut our population in half by only having 1 child, i'm not saying that's what everyone should do, but if every couple only had 2 children then our population would stabilize and start to reduce and that's what the world needs if we want there to be a future for our children!
    That is the Malthusian prediction. Numbers keep hitting the wall and the great famines don't happen, but I find myself unable to believe this can go on indefinitely. REALLY bad things gonna happen, I believe. Whether we will stabilize at a level we can sustain, or go down, then up again and another big cull, dunno.

Those are real enemies of the US
    Well, duh. Of course they are and many (but I fear not enough) have known it for a long time.

Reminds me of the fate of the Roman Empire - but it escapes most people that only in the West that Multiculturism holds sway. Can't say that i know of many other countries, if any, outside of the West that advocate such a policy.
    China, Russia, India, Japan etc., etc?

Actually, people seem to stop having so many children once they attain a very modest definition of middle class, which is having enough left over after your needs that you can save some for school, investment, anything productive. (To which I add, having electricity and running water, even if just a bare light bulb and single faucet.)

Movin' on up, in other words.

About half the world is there, and people tend to stop breeding like bunnies when they arrive. It is possible to create the right conditions, apparently.

I remember when nuclear power was going to supply electricity so cheap billing would be the major cost, I remember in the 60’s when we were on the verge of another ice age, I remember when we almost out of oil 20, 30 and 40 years ago. I remember when were were going to runout of food 5, 10, 20........years ago. I remember when we only had 5 or 10 years to save the planet 20, 30, and 40 years ago...............

Planet earth is very durable. It will be around long after we are long gone. We couldn’t destroy it if we wanted to.
    Gary

Planet earth is very durable. It will be around long after we are long gone. We couldn’t destroy it if we wanted to.
    Gary[/QUOTE]

I agree.
    We are like a virus on the earth, and once we are extinct I'm sure the earth will rebound and become very healthy again and continue to evolve with new life.

Got bad news though. Somewhere around billion years from now the sun will expand and swallow the whole shebang, leaving just a cinder.
    Gaia is doomed, but humans may have long since departed for more salubrious climes. C'est la vie.

They're talking about planting our flag on Mars . So far, the only planet that has all the right conditions for humans to survive , is here . All the rest lack something critical, like air, oxygen, right temperature range, water and on.

I wasn't thinking of this solar system, and Mars may have the same become-a-cinder problem in the next billion or so, but still...

If you've read the Kim Stanley Robinson Red Mars, Blue Mars, Green Mars novels, you've absorbed one plausible and "full-screen" vision of what that might look like. (I like him because he asks good questions about "How shall we live," even if his answers need work.)

C - the speed of light - may defeat us, which means generation ships need to carry us to the stars. Potentially messy and grim, but ultimately no alternative, and only one or a few have to make it to succeed.

Naturally the most challenging and disputatious subject when loading will be which calibers and which guns...

A. Thus Covid, and its relations.

B. Do you guys actually understand what the ACLU does? I don't always like what they're doing, but they do fight for Constitutionalism, something that most of us agree with!

C. For the record, I don't really give a s**t about what happens 100,000/1,000,000/1,000,000,000 years down the road. I will be long forgotten and my "spawn" will have to figure out the solutions.
    Member: International Ammunition Assoc. (IAA), European Cartridge Research Assoc. (ECRA). Ask me about membership!

Quote Originally Posted by NY50/70 View Post
    I remember when nuclear power was going to supply electricity so cheap billing would be the major cost, I remember in the 60’s when we were on the verge of another ice age, I remember when we almost out of oil 20, 30 and 40 years ago. I remember when were were going to runout of food 5, 10, 20........years ago. I remember when we only had 5 or 10 years to save the planet 20, 30, and 40 years ago...............

Gary
    Indeed. The planet will (I think) long survive humanity. But - we can surely leave it devastated as a home for humanity and/or civilization and, perhaps, even bereft of life above things like rotifers. Will we? Dunno, hope not, but surely a possibility.

[QUOTE=NY50/70;10361665]I remember when nuclear power was going to supply electricity so cheap billing would be the major cost,QUOTE]

I worked for SMUD and was a first hand witness to the Nuclear Debacle of Rancho Seco. it was insanity but worse, rates today in Sacramento for some at peak are approaching $1 + per KW. Power demand will make Nuclear very acceptable again as the lights go out (again) in States Like CA. Today its a park/monument to stupidity and alleged to have "glow in the dark" fish in the abandoned cooling ponds. Watch em revive it!.

From google: On March 20, 1978, a power supply failure for the plant's non-nuclear instrumentation system led to steam generator dryout (ref NRC LER 312/78-001). This triggered an automatic reactor shutdown. In a 2005 document, the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission indicated that it was the third most serious safety-related occurrence in the United States to date (behind the Three Mile Island accident and the Browns Ferry cable tray fire).[4][5]

The plant operated from April 1975 to June 1989, but had a lifetime capacity average of only 39%; it was closed by public vote on June 7, 1989 after multiple referenda that resulted from a long record of multiple annual shut-downs, cost over-runs, mismanagement, multiple accidents that included radioactive steam releases, restarts after unresolved automatic shut-downs, and regular rate increases that included a 92% increase over one three-year span."
    Last edited by vintovka; 07-07-2020 at 09:28 AM.

Locally the energy companies are proposing refusing to take or reduce the intake of excess solar power from residential properties - apparently there is an oversupply at times.

I get a big kick out of folks who spend 30K+ on a grid tied solar system and don't fully understand it. Many believe theirs will work if grid goes down. Others believe they work at night or when its cloudy. They also don't understand that when the sun goes down the grid takes a tremendous load. During winter many get really upset when they get big bills for "true - up". The biggest problem is many don't understand how long it takes before a properly sized system produces really FREE electricity. Might take years (to a decade) to payback enough to cover the capital cost of installation. Moreover between maintenance costs , reduced incentives and ultimately increased taxes and fees to cover the grid solar is becoming less cost effective daily.

Heck some that read this will think "what do you mean my solar doesn't work at night" -- LOL.

I get a big kick out of folks who spend 30K+ on a grid tied solar system and don't fully understand it. Many believe theirs will work if grid goes down. Others believe they work at night or when its cloudy. They also don't understand that when the sun goes down the grid takes a tremendous load. During winter many get really upset when they get big bills for "true - up". The biggest problem is many don't understand how long it takes before a properly sized system produces really FREE electricity. Might take years (to a decade) to payback enough to cover the capital cost of installation. Moreover between maintenance costs , reduced incentives and ultimately increased taxes and fees to cover the grid solar is becoming less cost effective daily.

Heck some that read this will think "what do you mean my solar doesn't work at night" -- LOL.
    Gee. This sounds some of like the local ads telling me to change out my furnace system if it's 10 years old since it's so inefficient.
    Problem with a LOT of these energy savings system, or many "new and improved" stuff in general, is that if most people looked at it objectively, they'd realize they can't afford to save that much money since some of it will take decades, if not centuries to pay off the principal alone.
    Off course, if you can get the government to underwrite the stuff, all bets are off. IF you ignore all the tax increases, etc.
    Wind energy is similar.
    However, I better mention "Right to Keep and Bear Arms" here less I offend some moderators. Maybe some gun manufacturers use the savings they reap using solar power for part of their energy usage and funnel it back to the NRA/ILA or Second Ammendment Foundation?

Quote Originally Posted by jonny c. View Post
    A. Thus Covid, and its relations.

B. Do you guys actually understand what the ACLU does? I don't always like what they're doing, but they do fight for Constitutionalism, something that most of us agree with!

C. For the record, I don't really give a s**t about what happens 100,000/1,000,000/1,000,000,000 years down the road. I will be long forgotten and my "spawn" will have to figure out the solutions.
    Most readers on this board would probably disagree that ACLU stands for defending the Constitution any more. I know I do.

Quote Originally Posted by hannibalbarca View Post
    Most readers on this board would probably disagree that ACLU stands for defending the Constitution any more. I know I do.
    ACLU is so arbitrary and capricious in the cases it choses that no matter what you say in favor or opposition somebody will come up with a case where they took a contrary position. But in my observation, they tend to select positions that support behavior of folks who intend to undermine all the Constitution stands for (most definitely against RKBA), and seek to make it a suicide pact. Ah well, I'll be 77 soon and given my general health, unlikely to live long enough to see them succeed. or fail.

Humans are not doing the earth and environment any good. We've managed to deplete the resources by a good 50%, f'd up the air, most of the fresh water is messed up or will soon be. Quickly fishing out the oceans and polluting them with plastic chemicals and radiation. Killed off many species of critters.
    I imagine we will blow off some nukes at each other and really mess up the place. Then the earth can restore itself when humans are gone. Humans are just a spec in time, but a plight on the earth.
    Don't Violate My Airspace

Quote Originally Posted by Estaban View Post
    Humans are not doing the earth and environment any good. We've managed to deplete the resources by a good 50%, f'd up the air, most of the fresh water is messed up or will soon be. Quickly fishing out the oceans and polluting them with plastic chemicals and radiation. Killed off many species of critters.
    I imagine we will blow off some nukes at each other and really mess up the place. Then the earth can restore itself when humans are gone. Humans are just a spec in time, but a plight on the earth.
    So What???
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Estaban View Post
    You mean "blight"???

What’s is in the master plans ..humans can’t change..we are earth’s viruses..he’s the cure!
    "Christ’s Grace + being constitutionally solvently Give strength resistant To Marxism!

Quote Originally Posted by jonny c. View Post
    You mean "blight"???
    Yes - auto correct
    Don't Violate My Airspace

"What’s is in the master plans ..humans can’t change..we are earth’s viruses..he’s the cure!"

Sorry, way too lazy. We get the credit and the blame for whatever happens here in the US or the world in general. None of that "InshAlah" crap about God's will and all.