HELP identifying C&R Llama 380 pistol

Thread: HELP identifying C&R Llama 380 pistol

Default HELP identifying C&R Llama 380 pistol

Can anyone help with the *MONTH of this Llama? My FFL wants verification it is C&R. thanks!

Manufacturer: Llama
    Model: XI
    Serial Number: 569256

Manufacture Date: 1970 or earlier
    Proof Code: O1 (1970)
    Caliber: .380

The Star Pistol by Antarias often breaks production down to basics as he had access to many of the company records, I know of no such research on Llama pistols. Most FFL’s accept the year of proofing but I can also see why your FFL is cautious ( overly cautious?) but I believe ATF is more concerned with the crap occurring throughout the country than the months or days qualifying a C&R pistol.

I've been in talks with NRA museum and sent this:

Cliff was helping me before with this and quoted a reply, I assume this is you? Cliff said the senior curator commented "some guns were proofed a year or more after formal completion." Maybe you or someone you know can verify this for me. I have a pistol I’m interested in, and from what I’ve found the engraving says it was proofed in 1970, and with Spanish manufacturers they never specify month it was manufactured. My FFL wants some professional opinion from a curator on its age, the "O1" proof mark dates it to 1970 on the dot. In your opinion does it qualify as a C&R? Is it even possible to disprove it isn't since Gabilondo's records are gone?

thank you

Manufacturer: Llama
    Model: XI
    Serial Number: 569256
    Manufacture Date: 1970
    Proof Code: O1
    Caliber: .380

According to this document it was “proofed” in 1970 but manufactured *earlier: http://star-firearms.com/firearms/proof.shtml
    The date of proof, which is always later.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

That is why I indicated the O1 was when the pistol was proofed and not manufactured, unfortunately it is the only method of dating available but normally is sufficient.