Gunboards Forums banner

New project. Replacing worn barrel on the Belgian M1898 Nagant revolver.

5K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  MonaDeRio 
#1 ·
A long time ago I bought the Belgian Nagant revolver on the gun show. The cylinder was chambered for I have no idea what caliber and the neck of the barrel was bigger than it should. So I had problems removing shells from the cylinder after shooting. Actually, I want to have a shooter, not a collectible worn thing. I got the new barrel and it's ready for replacement.

Attachments

See less See more
#15 ·
MonaDeRio, would appreciate it if you could let me know: when you were installing the new barrel, approximately how far off center was the front sight if you just tightened it by hand (before you started using the “lever” from the schematic)? I have this Astra 900 upper - barrel and extension, with the barrel currently off. I can only tighten it by hand to get the front sight to approximately “2 o’clock,” after which it feels like it’s not going any further. Trying to decide whether using tools could actually help to torque it to a point where the sight will be on center - at 12 o’clock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.