"S" disassembly help and info

Thread: "S" disassembly help and info

Default "S" disassembly help and info

I picked up a Star "S/s", an Interarms model, recently and I was attempting to disassemble it and realized I cannot get the barrel bushing off. I included some photos to show how far the bushing goes to the left and how it looks like the barrel won't fit through the frame after the bushing is removed. I don't know what to do at this point so I could use some help. I just put some Kroil on the bushing incase something has it locked up. I don't want to force until I get some thoughts on what is the problem. Thanks

Here are photos. BTW the bushing goes to 9 o'clock when rotating to the right (using original position as 6). To the left it goes to about 4/5 o'clock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5762.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	816.0 KB 
ID:	3684551Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5763.jpg 
Size:	918.4 KB 
ID:	3684553Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5764.jpg 
Size:	918.0 KB 
ID:	3684555Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5765.jpg 
Size:	801.8 KB 
ID:	3684557Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5766.jpg 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	3684559
    "...SHALL NOT be infringed"

Congrats on picking this up, theyíre great guns! When you turn that bushing one way or the other, try pulling gently on it because there are grooves in the slide that let it come out when turned one way but not the other. It could have old dried up lube in the grooves. The bushing will pull straight forward out of the slide when rotated the proper way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the position:

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

OK, so I think I have something hanging up. I'll see if the Kroil loosened anything up. Mine is not far off from the position that your shows but it's not quite there. What are your thoughts about the barrel through the slide. It looks like it WON'T fit to slide out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_The_Student View Post
    OK, so I think I have something hanging up. I'll see if the Kroil loosened anything up. Mine is not far off from the position that your shows but it's not quite there. What are your thoughts about the barrel through the slide. It looks like it WON'T fit to slide out.
    Yes keep trying, it is possible that your slide and bushing are a little different than mine because these DID have some differences through production. Itís likely that thereís crud in the grooves, but you should be able to soften that up. Mine comes out tight!! The clearance is not huge, so it has to be in a pretty particular spot to come out. Just be careful and work on the crud in the grooves around the bushing. Youíll get it out!!

I see what youíre saying about the barrel looking as though it wonít go out the front of the slide, but with the bushing out it might go.

When you face the end of barrel like in your photos the bushing is turned to the left to remove plug and right to remove bushing, Sometimes they stick, put bushing in removal position... put the lug on the barrel forward and tap The barrel out taking the bushing with it

Thanks for the help! It loosened up with the Kroil and I used your photo to show it was in correct position. It need slight persuasion to come out however. I'm assuming it may not have been out in a long time. No rust or anything maybe just krud.

I looked at the photos many of you posted showing these pistols in another thread and the slide on this one seems to be scrubbed pretty good. You can't see any prior stamping marks except in maybe in 1 spot. Thanks again for the help!

Name:	IMG_6065.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	3684995

OOPS.... almost forgot, the barrel slid right out. Looking at it before the bushing was removed I would've bet money it wasn't coming out with ease. But it did!

Awesome, Iím glad you got it apart! There isnít a lot of slop or clearance in the bushing to slide or bushing to barrel. Theyíre great little guns. Let us know what you think of it and how it does!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_The_Student View Post
    Thanks for the help! It loosened up with the Kroil and I used your photo to show it was in correct position. It need slight persuasion to come out however. I'm assuming it may not have been out in a long time. No rust or anything maybe just krud.

I looked at the photos many of you posted showing these pistols in another thread and the slide on this one seems to be scrubbed pretty good. You can't see any prior stamping marks except in maybe in 1 spot. Thanks again for the help!

Name:	IMG_6065.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	3684995

OOPS.... almost forgot, the barrel slid right out. Looking at it before the bushing was removed I would've bet money it wasn't coming out with ease. But it did!

Yes the Model S is a great little pistol and if you wish to get a few more there is the Super series and in 7.65mm even more fun to shoot. Here is one of several drawers of S, SI and Super pistols.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5DF1A8DD-4168-475D-BC1C-D21BE95F6503.jpeg  

Very nice ibmikey! I'm excited to shoot it since reading posts about it and people saying what a great gun it is. I love .32s so I'll have to look into the Super series. I have a BM also. I'm way behind in shooting this year. I planned to join a club and since the "virus" has everything jacked up its delayed me throwing lead. Otherwise I have to travel a ways and I go to a friends to shoot.

Yes today ranges can be a difficult situation, my buddy and I built our own out to 100 yards with 7,15,25, 50 and 100 yard target frames and steel of various sizes and shapes. Our shooting is more dependent upon temperature and/ or rain. And just think there is no power hungry person with a PA Mike screaming all the time.

Very nice looking SS sir. I bought one like that in Yuma years ago, now I have two. In pratical terms the Star S model may be the best steel framed .380 carry gun ever made, the ergonomics are wonderful and the pistols themselves easy on recoil and thin.
    I have new recoil spring plugs for Llama .380's and .32's

Thanks, partsproduction. I'm so glad I picked this up after everyone saying what a great gun it is. I need to get some ammo and find out for myself.