Gunboards Forums banner

Not Your Ordinary Collection

7K views 34 replies 28 participants last post by  Ready.Fire.Aim 
#1 ·
A friend of mine has put together what could easily be called a mini pattern room. I am posting a few photos that should give you a general idea of what he has assembled. There are fewer than five recognized enfield patterns that he does not own. You will also notice that he has covered handguns and machineguns. All of the guns are live. If you look though some of my old posts you will see detailed photos of his sniper collection. I believe this is the most complete collection of British pattern firearms in private hands. Please enjoy.

BTW, please forgive the formatting.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Ed:

Just incredible! Thanks for posting!

At the risk of sounding ungrateful is there any way you could post the photos with higher resolution? I would love to be able to enlarge the images and zoom in on particular pieces. There are so many details that need to be seen but sadly, frustratingly, it’s just not possible.

I’m sorry to look a gift horse in the mouth as the old saying goes but this is a chance of a lifetime and I’d love to be able to take full advantage of the knowledge to be gained.

And if you can’t do anything please accept my apology for asking! :sorry:

#14 ·
Absolutely stunning,
As an Australian, living in a country with incredibly restrictive legislation regarding automatic weapons I can’t conceive of a collection like that in private ownership. I presume the collection is in the US?
I believe I even see there is even a couple of Owen guns there for us Australians.
As an aside, what is the large bottle shaped bulge on the muzzle of the Vickers Gun in the second photo?
What is the large bayonet with the blade that resembles a machete?
regards
Al

#15 ·
Can't help you with the Vickers, but the bayonet is a "machete" bayonet made at Lithgow during 1945. Correctly know as "Bayonet Parachutist Mk1" There was also a Mk2 which was a conversion of a Mk1 to composite grips. Approximately 3000 produced, probably as many fakes......And some reproductions.

Attachments

#22 ·
Amazing display, Sir! Just viewing that magnificent collection, blows me away! Fantasy stuff! But then, reality! Conjuring my own 'habitat'... Not expense nor space; nor even California laws prohibiting.
Presumably you're not with wife 'fixated' or reducing "clutter"; per her definition. :) :) :)
Super thanks for sharing!
Best! Keep Safe!
John

#26 ·
For those who want a similar experience, you can visit the Cody Firearms Museum located in the Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Wyoming, USA. Their collection focus is on U.S. firearms and there are lots of firearms on display on the main floor. However, do not miss taking the elevator to the basement, where they keep the study collection! Row upon row upon row of firearms. For British visitors, think of the Tower of London, but with firearms from the 1800s and 1900s instead of the earlier centuries. In the study collection, there are pull out drawers with handguns, and pull out vertical racks with long arms. If you visit, take a good camera and if possible have a polarizing filter to help to cut the reflections, as there is glass/Plexiglass or Lexan everywhere. To avoid reflection photos of yourself, I suggest photographing the firearms at an angle.

#27 · (Edited)
Ed Z. That is a beautiful collection. I hate you! No just kidding, maybe a little envious. I don't know what state you live in, but you just don't see that type of collection in NJ. It kind of brings me back as a child in 1969. My family was visiting Washington DC and we took a tour at the original FBI building. Seeing that collection as a kid is mind blowing, until you got to the next part of the tour where an agent shot a Thompson machine gun.......wow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.