Not Your Ordinary Collection

Thread: Not Your Ordinary Collection

Default Not Your Ordinary Collection

A friend of mine has put together what could easily be called a mini pattern room. I am posting a few photos that should give you a general idea of what he has assembled. There are fewer than five recognized enfield patterns that he does not own. You will also notice that he has covered handguns and machineguns. All of the guns are live. If you look though some of my old posts you will see detailed photos of his sniper collection. I believe this is the most complete collection of British pattern firearms in private hands. Please enjoy.

BTW, please forgive the formatting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5175.jpg  

IMG_5176.jpg  

IMG_5177.jpg  

IMG_5178.jpg  

IMG_5179.jpg  

IMG_5180.jpg  

IMG_5182.jpg  

IMG_5183.jpg  

IMG_5184.jpg  

IMG_5185.jpg  

IMG_5186.jpg  

IMG_5187.jpg  

IMG_5188.jpg  

IMG_5194.jpg  

IMG_5193.jpg  

IMG_5192.jpg  

IMG_5191.jpg  

IMG_5190.jpg  

IMG_5189.jpg  

More photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5174.jpg  

IMG_5173.jpg  

IMG_5172.jpg  

IMG_5171.jpg  

IMG_5170.jpg  

IMG_5169.jpg  

IMG_5168.jpg  

IMG_5167.jpg  

IMG_5166.jpg  

Wow, what a beautiful collection of British firearms. Thank you for sharing the photos.
    John

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

I'd love to see his Teuton room too. ;-)

Amazing... museum quality. Holy cow. I could spend days in that room.

That's concentration to the point of obsession.
    Un-real, but fascinating AF!!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Ed:

Just incredible! Thanks for posting!

At the risk of sounding ungrateful is there any way you could post the photos with higher resolution? I would love to be able to enlarge the images and zoom in on particular pieces. There are so many details that need to be seen but sadly, frustratingly, it’s just not possible.

I’m sorry to look a gift horse in the mouth as the old saying goes but this is a chance of a lifetime and I’d love to be able to take full advantage of the knowledge to be gained.

And if you can’t do anything please accept my apology for asking!
    Purists of the world, unite!

ďIf ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.Ē
    Samuel Adams

Holy smokes! Thank you for sharing!
    "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."
    - Jebediah Springfield

"I believe this is the most complete collection of British pattern firearms in private hands."---Amen, Ed, amen.
    -----RC aka krinko

Quote Originally Posted by Richard in NY* View Post
    Ed:

Just incredible! Thanks for posting!

At the risk of sounding ungrateful is there any way you could post the photos with higher resolution? I would love to be able to enlarge the images and zoom in on particular pieces. There are so many details that need to be seen but sadly, frustratingly, it’s just not possible.

I’m sorry to look a gift horse in the mouth as the old saying goes but this is a chance of a lifetime and I’d love to be able to take full advantage of the knowledge to be gained.

And if you can’t do anything please accept my apology for asking!
    I'm sorry, but that is all I have to work with. I do visit from time to time so I will try to get better shots next time.

Very impressive display.
    Lucky you for being able to visit and us for seeing the pictures.
    Gary

I really don't know what to say other then 'impressive'. I am now in a permanent state of depression and envy.

WOW.......just WOW..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Absolutely stunning,
    As an Australian, living in a country with incredibly restrictive legislation regarding automatic weapons I canít conceive of a collection like that in private ownership. I presume the collection is in the US?
    I believe I even see there is even a couple of Owen guns there for us Australians.
    As an aside, what is the large bottle shaped bulge on the muzzle of the Vickers Gun in the second photo?
    What is the large bayonet with the blade that resembles a machete?
    regards
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by Alan L View Post
    Absolutely stunning,
    As an Australian, living in a country with incredibly restrictive legislation regarding automatic weapons I canít conceive of a collection like that in private ownership. I presume the collection is in the US?
    I believe I even see there is even a couple of Owen guns there for us Australians.
    As an aside, what is the large bottle shaped bulge on the muzzle of the Vickers Gun in the second photo?
    regards
    Al
    Can't help you with the Vickers, but the bayonet is a "machete" bayonet made at Lithgow during 1945. Correctly know as "Bayonet Parachutist Mk1" There was also a Mk2 which was a conversion of a Mk1 to composite grips. Approximately 3000 produced, probably as many fakes......And some reproductions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG  

s-l1600.jpg  

" ...a couple of Owen guns there for us Australians."

A couple of Aus-stens, too.
    ----RC aka krinko

Quote Originally Posted by Alan L View Post
    Absolutely stunning,
    As an Australian, living in a country with incredibly restrictive legislation regarding automatic weapons I can’t conceive of a collection like that in private ownership. I presume the collection is in the US?
    regards
    Al

It's a flash hider/buffer of sorts. They make repros of these, if you need one.
    You remain marginally disappointing. Nevertheless, I still like you ... not a lot, but I like you ....

Hi Limpetmine,
    id have more chance of owning a ray gun like they use Starwars than a Vickers Gun here in Oz
    al 😉

There are some in SA but recently as with the others, Maxim etc, now have to be de- acted.

Very, very nice! Your friend is to be congratulated for his fine collection. Many thanks for the images.

Does your friend know IanMcCollum?
    Ian would be in HOG heaven in that collection and do a boat load of interesting vidoes with commentary. I would love to see such

Amazing display, Sir! Just viewing that magnificent collection, blows me away! Fantasy stuff! But then, reality! Conjuring my own 'habitat'... Not expense nor space; nor even California laws prohibiting.
    Presumably you're not with wife 'fixated' or reducing "clutter"; per her definition.
    Super thanks for sharing!
    Best! Keep Safe!
    John

YIKES! now that some collection. good pics too, thanks.
    "Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession."

-George Washington 1732-1799

I think I'm gonna cry. It's beautiful. If I was offered the chance to pick just one rifle, it'd take me hours, maybe days to choose.

I am even envious of the display space. I would have a lot more, if I could enjoy it like that.

For those who want a similar experience, you can visit the Cody Firearms Museum located in the Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Wyoming, USA. Their collection focus is on U.S. firearms and there are lots of firearms on display on the main floor. However, do not miss taking the elevator to the basement, where they keep the study collection! Row upon row upon row of firearms. For British visitors, think of the Tower of London, but with firearms from the 1800s and 1900s instead of the earlier centuries. In the study collection, there are pull out drawers with handguns, and pull out vertical racks with long arms. If you visit, take a good camera and if possible have a polarizing filter to help to cut the reflections, as there is glass/Plexiglass or Lexan everywhere. To avoid reflection photos of yourself, I suggest photographing the firearms at an angle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Badlands on 503 1024.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	948.1 KB 
ID:	3688595Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Badlands on 644 1024.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	476.9 KB 
ID:	3688603Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Badlands on 654.jpg 
Size:	1,018.9 KB 
ID:	3688607Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Badlands on 667 1024.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	682.4 KB 
ID:	3688599Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Badlands on 678 1024.jpg 
Size:	692.0 KB 
ID:	3688601Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Badlands on 622 1024.jpg 
Size:	586.2 KB 
ID:	3688611Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Badlands on 624 Enfields left rack 1024.jpg 
Size:	560.5 KB 
ID:	3688613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Badlands on 668 1024.jpg 
Size:	942.7 KB 
ID:	3688605Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Badlands on 620 1024.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	472.6 KB 
ID:	3688609Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Badlands on 612 1024.jpg 
Size:	628.6 KB 
ID:	3688597Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Badlands on 617 1024.jpg 
Size:	664.2 KB 
ID:	3688615

Ed Z. That is a beautiful collection. I hate you! No just kidding, maybe a little envious. I don't know what state you live in, but you just don't see that type of collection in NJ. It kind of brings me back as a child in 1969. My family was visiting Washington DC and we took a tour at the original FBI building. Seeing that collection as a kid is mind blowing, until you got to the next part of the tour where an agent shot a Thompson machine gun.......wow.
    Last edited by r.e.morris; 07-29-2020 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Identify which collection I was talking about.

Deleted by poster
    Last edited by Seaforth72; 07-29-2020 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Erroneous response.

Absolutely incredible to see a collection like this in private hands

Ed Z...Nice beginner's collection, Lol Seriously a fantastic collection!.. Ray

If I were to sell my entire collection I couldn't afford to buy those display cases

Quote Originally Posted by r.e.morris View Post
    Ed Z. That is a beautiful collection. I hate you! No just kidding, maybe a little envious. I don't know what state you live in, but you just don't see that type of collection in NJ. It kind of brings me back as a child in 1969. My family was visiting Washington DC and we took a tour at the original FBI building. Seeing that collection as a kid is mind blowing, until you got to the next part of the tour where an agent shot a Thompson machine gun.......wow.
    I wish it was my collection, but it belongs to a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Z. View Post
    I wish it was my collection, but it belongs to a friend.
    Then your friend owns an exceptionally nice museum. Some of those photos reminded me of a side trip I made in the late 80's. To the Remington factory in Ilion NY. Their factory museum had displays and lighting very similar to what we've been shown here.
    Thanks for the flashback.

Amazing! Thanks for sharing this.

In picture 13, on etc extreme right, next to the Martinis, there is what looks like a Remington-Lee. Can your friend share any details on what this might be? I am always on the lookout for any trials or prototype Remington-Lee-type rifles... one in particular. Thanks!
    Researching Lee Speeds and all commercial Lee Enfields. If you have data to share or questions, please send me a PM.