Gunboards Forums banner

Hey Ian & Kelt...MANCHON LANCE GRENADE POUR FUSIL DE 7.5 Mle 1936 STRIM

896 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Deerhound3 
#1 ·
Ian, Kelt, et al.:

Years ago I posted these photos and requested information on this grenade launcher for the MAS 36 but I can't recall whether a definitive answer was reached. Any new information will be greatly appreciated! My Google searches have been fruitless.

I don't have any photos of the launcher mounted on a MAS 36 but it's quite apparent that the barrel is inserted into the body of the launcher tube with the bayonet passing through the clamp secured lower hole. The markings on the launcher read: MANCHON LANCE GRENADE POUR FUSIL DE 7.5 Mle 1936 STRIM

It appears to be missing a folding sight. Does anyone have photos of the complete launcher? Leads on where I might obtain the missing part or parts?

Is this an item of issue for the French military? Or police forces? Prototype/test piece?

What does "STRIM" mean? The manufacturer perhaps? The rest of the text is apparent even to me and I failed French in high school.

When was it made or issued?

Since I can't find any photos or information on this piece am I correct in assuming it is uncommon or rare? Does anyone else have one?

Any and all comments and assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
Might be an outside produced launcher for a country that was supplied with the MAS 36. A few years ago I got a like new looking launcher that came with an MAS 36 rifle I bought. The seller assumed it went with it. It looked like a launcher for the FN-49, but graduated in yards. I took it to a Gun show where I knew an old fellow that deals in that sort of thing set up. He said he never saw anything like it and has been collecting and selling over 50 years. There is some strange equipment out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.