Ammo online

Thread: Ammo online

Default Ammo online

Hello, where is the best place online to buy ammo and rifle parts? "SKS" mainly.I tried getting onto Keepshooting but with no luck, Thank you.

"now" is not a good time to buy ammo - most places are OOS or over priced.

SGammo.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Check the price much of what is left is 2x last year heading for 3x. Think its time for me to start listing all the odd ammo lots down in the vault.

Someone posted here .308 at $150 for 500 rounds. Wolf, steel-case, berdan primed, fmj "disposeable" ammo. That's the best deal I've seen. One outfit is selling 800 .223 on belts for $400-something - that's about all I've seen there, maybe some high-end hunting ammo.
    All humans are weaponeers.

I usually start with ammoseek - it's just a listing site that pulls data from all over the web and puts everything in a sortable list. If nothing else, it will give a sense of just what the current price ranges are from places that have it in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrash View Post
    I usually start with ammoseek - it's just a listing site that pulls data from all over the web and puts everything in a sortable list. If nothing else, it will give a sense of just what the current price ranges are from places that have it in stock.
    I used ammoseek and tried all the stores within 100 miles and zippo!

I guess I'm glad I jumped on a 640 rd spam can of non corrosive surplus 762x39 that showed up at simpsons about a week ago. And bought a 440 rd can of 762x54 from a member here, the last one he had.

This ammo shortage is the greatest disconnect between supply and demand I've ever seen. Its duration and extent is unprecedented and historic and it certainly makes one wonder how long it will continue.

We are without doubt living in most interesting times. Glad I'm an American living in America!

I prefer Ammobuy.com they are a listing site similar to AmmoSeek but with a better alert system IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest2 View Post
    Someone posted here .308 at $150 for 500 rounds. Wolf, steel-case, berdan primed, fmj "disposeable" ammo. That's the best deal I've seen. One outfit is selling 800 .223 on belts for $400-something - that's about all I've seen there, maybe some high-end hunting ammo.
    That was July 8 - I'm glad I bought one and wish I had bought two. The cheapest .308 I'm seeing now is $250+ for 500 "disposable" Wolf rounds. (At Ammobuy.com !)

When it comes to markets, elections, the future, my guru is Sergeant Schultz: I know nothing. That said, if things go bad on Nov. 3 - and I know nothing - it's hard to picture ammo prices coming back to earth during our lifetimes.
    Last edited by Tempest2; 07-27-2020 at 04:48 PM.

I like to frequent targetsports.com for ammo lately. They offer free shipping if you are buying ammo by the case. I used to buy ammo from sgammo, but lately the prices they are wanting for it is most times more than I can get it elsewhere.

I usually buy from SG ammo in Oklahoma but right now is a bad time to buy ammo. The market is very unpredictable on availability and demand is insanely high. If you don't already have what you need, good luck.

Ammo vs dollars..not a good formula today.
    "Christís Grace + being constitutionally solvently Give strength resistant To Marxism!

Quote Originally Posted by DK PHILLIPS View Post
    Ammo vs dollars..not a good formula today.
    Right! I just got sent my Midway flyer. Laughing.
    Don't Violate My Airspace

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Hello, where is the best place online to buy ammo and rifle parts? "SKS" mainly.I tried getting onto Keepshooting but with no luck, Thank you.

Rural/low volume sporting good/bait shop type stores that have NOT been hit with high demand and hence haven't upped their prices.
    Live, learn and be happy.
    Vic

Yeah, unfortunately now is terrible time to buy ammo. But if you have none, guess you have to pay.

What worse this may set new price levels that might last quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
    What worse this may set new price levels that might last quite a while.
    That's what I'm thinking. A lot of things will have to go right for this to end, and if a few things go wrong we could look back at this moment as the Happy Times.

Those 500 "disposeable" steel cased, berdan-primed Wolf .308s I paid $155 for a month ago are now on backorder at $175 - buy today and get them in October, hopefully. For my sins I just ordered another, which will see me properly topped-up in this caliber.

What's worse than expensive ammo? Yeah.

One day..we will look back and think how prepared for thinking correct..
    or we will say why didn’t I realize all the needs now all now a-parent..in hindsight?
    i have no ammo needs old enough I’ll never run out..unless shtf uses.
    "Christís Grace + being constitutionally solvently Give strength resistant To Marxism!

I got caught with my pants down after the last ammo drought and it ain't happening again. Since the last election I made a point of stocking up about every other month till it started going up again in Feb.
    Don't Violate My Airspace

I did the same under Clinton’s rule...never stopped buying.
    any flea, Chance to buy gross at shows..collections I ger it all.

Ditto here, I've been pretty good at setting aside during the fat years but - don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you DON'T got until it's gone? Or something like that. ;-)

In plain English, don't wait until the crunch to determine whether there may an empty shelf or two in your otherwise well-stocked larder!

AKA, hindsight is 20/20.

Posted this in another thread already, but I think worse it yet to come:

If you think its bad now, just wait till the month before the election. An even bigger panic after a Biden win is very likely and would mean ammo being unobtainium for years. One of his platform planks is banning online ammo sales as well. Trump's doing his best to rile up the Dems to the point now that even the Senate majority is at risk so think of Sandyhook 2013 combined with Obama 2008 AFTER we already are at a low supply point due to the COVID panic.

I planned on stacking through the summer before the election season and I had to start a little early because covid hit. People were complaining about .223, .308, 9mm etc being 3-4 cents a round higher back in the spring and thought "oh I'll wait for it to come back down" when there was basically a 0% chance of that happening due to it being an election year. I might not have finalized my stash at the lowest price possible, but I would bet ammo is not coming back down any time soon and I don't regret any purchases I made this year. If Biden wins and the Dems take the Senate it will never come back down.