My CCW Classes are FULL for the next 3 months.

Thread: My CCW Classes are FULL for the next 3 months.

Default My CCW Classes are FULL for the next 3 months.

In view of the LESSER Police "protection" available, I find it very interesting who the New Students are? Many folks wanting to KNOW How to use their guns in my area are well-known anti-gun rights people.

I believe all should be treated equally and give my best efforts.

Be Safe and after that we can chat.

Webley

Hi Webley One,

I'm in Ga. all the local instructors are booked well into Aug. Apparently many average people now realize in many liberal political areas the POLICE may not come at all. Do not appeal to them at all. Or the Police will be very slow to appear to stop the lawlessness. They are now rendered powerless to take any firm action.
    The thought of the average home owner or small business owner's hard work being burned or looted, just don't seem right to them.
    In this area, it's not just a White, Black ,Latin or Oriental issue .

The universal thought - man or woman appears to be "WE" worked hard for what "WE" have & "WE" will defend it!
    A # of people have mentioned the same thought.... Why do we keep mass murders, killers & rapists alive in jail for life & kill unborn baby's?

Be safe out there,
    point6

point622000,

I see mostly semi-auto pistols designed for ccw use. While I prefer old S&W revolvers and old Colt automatics, I must say some of the "plastic" single stack and double stack pistols do shoot very well. The most popular caliber is the 9mm and second is the .380.

Webley

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Hi Sir,

The indoor range I shoot at has about 20 /30 S&W EZ pistols on order in both 380 & 9 mm.... It's a small range, all told they have 120 pistols & revolvers on order!

Be safe out there,
    point6

Quote Originally Posted by point622000 View Post
    Hi Sir,

The indoor range I shoot at has about 20 /30 S&W EZ pistols on order in both 380 & 9 mm.... It's a small range, all told they have 120 pistols & revolvers on order!

Be safe out there,
    point6
    point6,

Yes, the 9mm and .380 are very popular with new handgun owners. A few folks ask very good questions as we have them fire at a silhouette target at 7 yards from the bench. One guy asked if I thought his .380 "would stop a Bad Guy?" I told him, "It depends on where you shoot him. Second, why not shoot him twice or three times to STOP the threat?"

New handgun owners seem to be shedding their CNN, MSNBC Anti-gun bias and I ask them to forget their Hollywood mindset where a bad guy shot ONCE, DROPS. I tell them in the real world it may take repeat shots to stop a threat. Happily, many new handguns are 10 or 12 round double stack, so shoot until the threat stops!

A few students have revolvers and they work out very well. As I tell the class, "If you ever fired a cap gun or water pistol, you can deliver the goods with a double action revolver."

A few folks have shotguns which I encourage because we have bears and other critters best handled with a 12 or 20 gauge, loaded right in case of need. Most local gun clubs prohibit silhouette targets, holster draw, and most other things a new gun owner needs to practice for the Day of need. We cover it here.

Webley

A brief update: It is hot (91 degrees at noon) and sunny today. Fortunately we have a large Ash tree which shades the entire firing line and shade helps. Thanks to the Emerald Ash Borer, all our Ash trees will be dead in less than 5 years. This specific tree donated 20,000 seeds two years ago to the government seed depository in Colorado because it is the second largest Ash tree known to the forestry guys in this county and is a female tree, I was told.

As information, the 9mm is far and away the most popular caliber we see on the range. The novice handgunners quickly adapt to the 9mm. Occasionally we see a Ruger Mark I or Mark II .22 caliber pistol and a few .38 Special double action revolvers. Lately, we are seeing a few 20 gauge pump action shotguns which is fine for this rural county where critters can slither or walk on 2 or 4 legs.

Be well.

Webley

I want to see the tree in a photo interesting.
    "Christís Grace + being constitutionally solvently Give strength resistant To Marxism!

Quote Originally Posted by Webley One View Post
    A brief update: It is hot (91 degrees at noon) and sunny today. Fortunately we have a large Ash tree which shades the entire firing line and shade helps. Thanks to the Emerald Ash Borer, all our Ash trees will be dead in less than 5 years. This specific tree donated 20,000 seeds two years ago to the government seed depository in Colorado because it is the second largest Ash tree known to the forestry guys in this county and is a female tree, I was told.

Webley
    It won't die if you use this. About four around trunk and water in real good. I mix it with water in a five gallon pail so the tree gets it faster. I've saved several trees using this that were getting heavily attacked by borer beetles. Literally stopped them in their tracks, lines under bark almost two feet long. One a very large Eucalyptus and a large pine and a couple mesquites. I used it on a couple small ash trees as a preventative.

https://www.domyown.com/fertilome-tree-and-shrub-systemic-insect-drench-p-1523.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw9vn4BRBaEiwAh0muDKVNehsiex sVSaNEDMX5HDqOyGPn8S75fIp2VFzFI9osVwmjUTWqfhoCq1gQ AvD_BwE&sub_id=1973
    Don't Violate My Airspace

Systemic insecticides are commonly used for Elm Leaf beetle infestations in Oz. If you have an Arborist handy trees can be injected, but it does require a level of knowledge to apply correctly.

I agree with this view - I think a lot of people have a "wake up" moment when they realize that their safety is up to them at the end of the day.

Hope you can remind them that the 2a is a necessity, not something to just conveniently toss away later when a mass shooting happens and the talking heads on TV start echoing their nonsensical "common sense"

Thank you for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntiqueKid View Post
    I agree with this view - I think a lot of people have a "wake up" moment when they realize that their safety is up to them at the end of the day.

Hope you can remind them that the 2a is a necessity, not something to just conveniently toss away later when a mass shooting happens and the talking heads on TV start echoing their nonsensical "common sense"

Thank you for your efforts.
    The Antique Kid,

Thank you for the Logical support!

Be Well.

Webley