Tula SKS 1952 in Trader

Thread: Tula SKS 1952 in Trader

Default Tula SKS 1952 in Trader

Just posted in Trader "This is a pretty nice example of a Tula made SKS. It is stamped with the Tula Star and 1952r. All matching except magazine floorplate, which I understand is common. Bore is excellent. Wood is VG overall, with a couple of small scratches and a deeper ding in left wrist. Metal finish has some edge wear. " Bought this awhile back, but just does not fit my shooting style.

It is not common for them to have mismatched magazine floorplates, whoever told you that is wrong.
    i like old military pugs and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by MongooseLaw View Post
    It is not common for them to have mismatched magazine floorplates, whoever told you that is wrong.
    Very, very few SKS rifles were imported with mismatched parts. A mismatched magazine assembly on an SKS is almost always a replacement for the original ten rounder which was invariably lost or thrown away within minutes of being replaced with a plastic “duckbill” thirty round mag.
    Purists of the world, unite!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    Samuel Adams

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Richard spot on..that’s how I’ve seen many..
    Long while back at a gun-shows, once saw a box full of take off mags All types..maybe 10#?
    all new looking new.Russian, Chinese others?
    “Grace+constitutional solvently strength, resistances to Chaos!”

There was actually a significant percentage of Yugo and Albanian guns which were imported as mismatched. And they are still coming in from Albania as mismatched Chinese guns. So, it happens.

But overall, the 1980-early1990s Russian and Chinese imports came through as factory matched or refurb matched. So a mismatched mag is not usual or common on a 1952 Tula, unless replaced stateside as described above.