Bulgy mak range day

Thread: Bulgy mak range day

Default Bulgy mak range day

Cant blame anyone for the hype on these lately, solid, beautifully made hand guns about as reliable as an AK. All steel frame, chrome lined barrel...what more could you want

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by aadams22 View Post
    Cant blame anyone for the hype on these lately, solid, beautifully made hand guns about as reliable as an AK. All steel frame, chrome lined barrel...what more could you want

agreed

Very nice!
    Jack of all milsurps, master of none.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Nice looking makarov you have there!

Thanks guys! I saw ncreptile is going to be selling these on YouTube for well under the going rate. Had to go shoot mine after seeing the video lol. The bluing on these is really good

Pearce rubber grips [available on Ebay for about $20] makes for a more enjoyable shooting experience.

The Pierce grips are junk.

Blocky feel in the hand, snag on clothings, and the screw will rip out of the rubber if you aren’t careful. Plus they look much worse than the classic red Bakelite.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The first one felt so good I put another on a second one.

Warning given. Let’s not respond to posts with insults. Even antagonist posts. - NB
    Last edited by mxl; 07-27-2020 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mxl View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their own ridiculous opinion. The first one felt so good I put another on a second one.
    Exactly. Your opinion is ridiculous.

Infraction given for insulting a member here. I’m leaving the comment up as an example of how not to behave here. - NB
    Last edited by North Bender; 07-27-2020 at 10:37 AM.

I have a set of pierce grips that a friend gave me, even though the Makarov can feel a little sharp in the hand I could not bring myself to pul ugly rubber grips on one of my pistols. I am not anti pierce grip, I do not like the looks or feel of rubber on any pistol others like the cushioning effect of rubber and even the visual aesthetics————to each his own.

You nailed it. I like them because of the cushion effect and I shoot quite a lot. I reload 9x18, so reduction in felt recoil is a benefit to me.

I have two Pearce grips for the PM and never use them. For carry purposes, they are indeed too "rubbery" and tend to catch on clothing. For shooting, they are too thick unless you're someone who has gorilla hands. Then, they're perfect.

If I did get grips I'd get the ones made by fab in Israel that convert to a button mag release. But I like the red grips and will probably just get the mag extensions w/button

I guess I'm the oddball. I prefer the black EG Grips on all mine.

Quote Originally Posted by lagavulin62 View Post
    I guess I'm the oddball. I prefer the black EG Grips on all mine.
    Right there with you on the black EG grips. Swapped out the ones that came on my EG as soon as I could.
    That said I now have a set of Pearce grips on mine, but still prefer the look of the original grips.

Type 96 LMG

TENNESSEEAN is offline Super Moderator / Diamond Bullet with oak leaves member

For carry you won't find a thinner set of grips for a mak. No thumb rest no lanyard ring, that's what's on any mak I carry and practice with. For extend range time and just having fun I switch to a set of Pearce grips and a pair of PAST shooting gloves shure does make life easier on these old hands.
    Appalachain American

I also prefer the EG grips.

In have a set of EG grips on my EDC IJ-70. I’ve tried the pierce grips, I don’t like them. I don’t like any rubber grips. I still have the original grips that came on the pistol. The lanyard loop can be uncomfortable when carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by bmont View Post
    agreed
    Makarov's kick ass

Quote Originally Posted by aadams22 View Post

Just got min this weekend from Allan's Armory, After I cleaned it up it had practically zero finish wear so I am inclined to keep it for a collection peice