Remington Rider .32 rimfire DA/SA Revolver

Thread: Remington Rider .32 rimfire DA/SA Revolver

Default Remington Rider .32 rimfire DA/SA Revolver

I'll have pics up soon to help, but for now I'm asking for an idea of value. I would call the condition so-so. There is rifling present though the bore is pitted, let's call it 5/10. Mechanically, it functions perfectly with no slop in the cylinder which indexes just fine and the action is crisp. It's down to bare steel and would benefit from a good cleaning with steel wool and oil. Of note, this is a short 2" barrel model. I'm told it's a reasonably scarce pistol. It's part of a lot, all in .32 rimfire, that I bought along with a gorgeous Marlin #32 Standard nickel finish, in 9.5/10 condition, mechanically and cosmetically and a Lee Arms #4 Red Jacket, also in superior condition. More to the point, the lot came with 3 full boxes of viable ammo. So gentlemen, any input would be most appreciated.

We converted some of those old rimfires to centrefire back in the 60's...sadly most of these seen around the gunshows these days are the worst for wear and only fit for display.

Quote Originally Posted by chester View Post
    We converted some of those old rimfires to centrefire back in the 60's...sadly most of these seen around the gunshows these days are the worst for wear and only fit for display.
    OH MY LORD!! Don't get me going on "conversions"! Back in the day, all of us were cheerfully "sporterizing" Lee Enfields, Mausers, and other milsurp rifles. They were as common as a cold and cheap as dirt. We blasted off thousands of rounds of milsurp ammo since it looked like the supply was endless. If only I knew then what I know now. I cringe when I look back on those days. With what you've told me about converting those old rimfires to centerfire, that would make an unmolested pistol worth even more due to the scarcity. Hence my question regarding current market value. Any ideas?

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

I don't recall seeing any of these going for big money. My old Doctor (Dec.) once showed me a cased ''Smoot''?? that was bought new by a famous Aussie author and he said he didn't pay much for it.

I don't recall seeing any of these going for big money. My old Doctor (Dec.) once showed me a cased ''Smoot''?? that was bought new by a famous Aussie author and he said he didn't pay much for it.
    The term "didn't pay much for it" is really irrelevant. My own experience is that prices are cyclic and regional. What may have been worth peanuts a few years ago catches on with the collector's market and "bingo", prices rise. Mind you, I've seen the reverse happen. If I'm wrong with anything I'm posting, please feel free to correct me. From what I understand, these pistols were originally cap-and-ball. They were later converted to .32 rimfire (By Rider?), and according to Chester, later still converted to .32 centrefire. This particular pistol is still in .32 rimfire. The good? Mechanics are excellent in both single and double action. There's a very tiny amount of slop to the cylinder when it's locked in battery. The action is crisp and reliable. The bad? I'd say, condition wise, it's 5/10. Though there's still lots of rifling, the bore and chambers are badly pitted. I have no idea of what these are worth today. With some being converted to centrefire, the stock of rimfires will have decreased. I may put it up in a local auction with a box of .32 RF short to sweeten the deal. For now, the pics tell the story.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1512.JPG  

DSCN1513.JPG  

DSCN1514.JPG  

When I said We converted some to CF, it was done in metalwork class at high school back in the late 1950's.. Get caught doing that in Australia these days and it would result in a long holiday breaking rocks and strict diet of bread and water

When I said We converted some to CF, it was done in metalwork class at high school back in the late 1950's.. Get caught doing that in Australia these days and it would result in a long holiday breaking rocks and strict diet of bread and water
    And the loony left Liberal government of Canada, instead of using fact-based data and research, jumps on the anti-gun bandwagon and praises Ardern for her idiotic, ill thought out, ineffective, and asinine anti-gun legislation! Oh my poor Canada!

Quote Originally Posted by LawrenceN View Post
    And the loony left Liberal government of Canada, instead of using fact-based data and research, jumps on the anti-gun bandwagon and praises Ardern for her idiotic, ill thought out, ineffective, and asinine anti-gun legislation! Oh my poor Canada!
    To own your RF Red Rider here we would need to hold at least a collectors License...and getting caught with ammo to suit, that would make the 6pm news. Another gangbanger taken off our streets.

To own your RF Red Rider here we would need to hold at least a collectors License...and getting caught with ammo to suit, that would make the 6pm news. Another gangbanger taken off our streets.
    Sounds even worse than New Jersey!