Gunboards Forums banner

Carcano Type I

1K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  1886lebel 
#1 ·
Am picking up a Type I from the auction house tomorrow and am interested to know if $300 was a reasonable bid or if I overpaid. Not wanting to sell just curious. Nice addition to the group I think. I have a T99 and matching dust cover, T38 carbine, T44 and a T30. Can post pics if there is interest.

#2 · (Edited)
If it's clean and matching you came out good. Your collection is a good chunk of Japanese rifles but so much more to collect lol.

Lots to collect for Japan.
Murata Type 13,
Murata Type 18.
Murata Type 22
Murata Type 22 Carbine
Arisaka Type 30
Type 35
Type 02/45
Type 38 long
Type 38 carbine.
Type 44
Type 97 Sniper
Type 99
Type 99 long
Type 99 sniper.
Type 2 Paratrooper.

For the bolt actions. It gets addicting lol

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Lefty, if it's a clean example, I think you did very well. I paid a little more for mine even before I had it shipped to my house, and it had a type 38 cleaning rod. Like NRA said, if there's a star stamped near the end of it, it's likely the correct rod and worth a lot itself. I saw a stone-cold mint Type I at a NC show early last year that was priced at $450. I mean it was mint as could be, and I regret not picking it up even though I had one.

I love shooting mine. It happens to have a pretty nice trigger and is accurate. They're good looking rifles. Congrats!:thumbsup:

#19 ·
Yours was made by FNA (Fabbrica Natzionale di Armi), Brescia in 1939

Patrick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.