Gun Ownership In Peru - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Ownership In Peru

Wow, South American countries are all shitholes? Glad to know that, you should tell Chileans/Argentines that their countries are third world shitholes, they'd rather like to know that. I'd much rather live in Detroit than Santiago because it has such great healthcare .

Quote Originally Posted by Pascucci91/41 View Post
    Wow, South American countries are all shitholes? Glad to know that, you should tell Chileans/Argentines that their countries are third world shitholes, they'd rather like to know that. I'd much rather live in Detroit than Santiago because it has such great healthcare .
    Do you read ?? Are you not aware of how the Peronists, as in the Kirchners have made the Argentine Peso , worthless ?? Are you not aware the Brazil is also almost bankrupt , that the virus is spreading uncontrollably and they don't have the resources to help the sick. Have you ever been to any of these places ? Everything is done in Dollars , if you can get them. That's the reasons why Americans are "welcomed" . They bring hard currency . Unless you're part of the privileged class, you have to almost fend for yourself unlike this country where even illegals get primo health care by just asking.

Estaban you did not address the Narco state issues of Peru.

Why ya'll concerned about their healthcare? Are you a sickly person? If ya don't like the places in So. America don't go! Simple as that!

Bankruptcy - Have you seen the U.S. debt lately? LOL Every country is in the same boat, covid is bankrupting most countries in the world. Third world countries are of course worse. We ain't been doing much better have we? The worlds most trusted currency is the U.S. dollar. Nothing new about that, everyone has trusted the dollar and gladly takes them. Not for long if we keep borrowing money.

Brazil's covid is spreading rapidly because they along with other administrations believe a lot like ours did at the beginning - It's just going to disappear! HA! Now countries won't let Americans in because of our piss poor attention to it.

Narco issue - Yeah what about ours? If there were no demand there would not be a drug problem. Think about that.
    There's a lot moore corrupt politicians here than down there. China i s taking over sending in drugs too. As well as Iran, Afghanistan

Here's a small list of people that lost their healthcare around the world. It's plenty bigger. But ours is the worst. Where are all these people that lost their jobs gonna get healthcare?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails healthcare lost.jpg  

Don't Violate My Airspace

You gloss over Peru as this utopian country to live in.

Bottom line: it is a major producer of Cocaine(in fact it may now be the world leader in production) as a result corruption runs deep in the justice system, government, law enforcement etc. and the drug cartels have great influence/power. It has third world health care and jails more foreigners than any other SA country. If that's your idea of a retirement paradise please go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Estaban View Post
    Only 3 countries in the world protect the right to bear arms Guess who?

https://www.businessinsider.com/2nd-...r-arms-2017-10
    Lets take a look at one of these countries you list Mexico and its Right to Bear Arms. There is only one gun store in Mexico. It is located in Mexico City and operated by the government/military. The odds of the common citizen purchasing a firearm via that out let is next to zero. Mexico may have Right to Bear Arms on paper, but in reality it does not exist.

Why ya'll concerned about their healthcare? Are you a sickly person? If ya don't like the places in So. America don't go! Simple as that!

Bankruptcy - Have you seen the U.S. debt lately? LOL Every country is in the same boat, covid is bankrupting most countries in the world. Third world countries are of course worse. We ain't been doing much better have we? The worlds most trusted currency is the U.S. dollar. Nothing new about that, everyone has trusted the dollar and gladly takes them. Not for long if we keep borrowing money.

Brazil's covid is spreading rapidly because they along with other administrations believe a lot like ours did at the beginning - It's just going to disappear! HA! Now countries won't let Americans in because of our piss poor attention to it.

Narco issue - Yeah what about ours? If there were no demand there would not be a drug problem. Think about that.
    There's a lot moore corrupt politicians here than down there. China i s taking over sending in drugs too. As well as Iran, Afghanistan

Here's a small list of people that lost their healthcare around the world. It's plenty bigger. But ours is the worst. Where are all these people that lost their jobs gonna get healthcare?
    What left wing rag sheet did you pick this blatant lie from ??

Got any pictures of ranges in Peru?
    “Every day is lost in which we do not learn something useful. Man has no nobler or more valuable possession than time.”
    “I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.”

- Thomas Jefferson

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
    “We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.”

- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by creeks View Post
    Lets take a look at one of these countries you list Mexico and its Right to Bear Arms. There is only one gun store in Mexico. It is located in Mexico City and operated by the government/military. The odds of the common citizen purchasing a firearm via that out let is next to zero. Mexico may have Right to Bear Arms on paper, but in reality it does not exist.
    I already know that. I was just pointing out the lack of constitutional gun ownership. You may not know it but there are a lot of guns in Mexico owned by it's citizens. They just don't run around with them like Rambo. In mexico at last count 16,809,000
    Peru 633,000

Check it out here, hover curser over country https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...hip-by-country

I already know that. I was just pointing out the lack of constitutional gun ownership. You may not know it but there are a lot of guns in Mexico owned by it's citizens. They just don't run around with them like Rambo. In mexico at last count 16,809,000
    Peru 633,000

Check it out here, hover curser over country https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...hip-by-country
    You forgot to mention that most of those guns in possession of Mexican citizens are illegal for them to own according to their own government. Those guns in Mexican hands did not come for the most part from the single government/military controlled gun outlet in Mexico City. (That gun outlet is on a Mexican military base). Most guns owned by Mexicans come from the underground gun market controlled to a great deal by drug cartels.
    Last edited by creeks; 08-04-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntiqueKid View Post
    Got any pictures of ranges in Peru?
    I wasn't looking for one but you can google it. I found this. https://www.expatperu.com/expatforum...ic.php?t=17094

I might add that 70%+ of the Mexican gun count you mentioned above our owned illegally by Mexican citizens and not purchased via legal channels.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkie View Post
    Well pinkie I doubt you'll see it on Faux news. They want to keep you ignorant of facts. I figure your might be smart enough to google unemployed since covid, maybe not. So these unemployed get insurance from work right?
    Here, let me help you out. hehe

"Unemployment rose higher in three months of COVID-19 than it did in two years of the Great Recession. The COVID-19 outbreak and the economic downturn it engendered swelled the ranks of unemployed Americans by more than 14 million, from 6.2 million in February to 20.5 million in May 2020."

I think the 5 mil is understated.

You forgot to mention that those guns in possession of Mexican citizens are illegal for them to own according to their own government. Those guns in Mexican hands did not come from the single government/military controlled gun outlet in Mexico City. The guns come from the underground gun market controlled to a great deal by drug cartels.
    Oh sure, people illegally owning guns are going to answer a survey. LMAO That wouldn't even happen here.

Again https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...hip-by-country

Oh sure, people illegally owning guns are going to answer a survey. LMAO That wouldn't even happen here.

Again https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...hip-by-country
    New flash: no one is doing any surveys here these are estimated counts. Since most guns owned by Mexicans are illegally purchased on the underground market you can only do estimates.

And how do they do estimates? By sales figures and surveys. The NRA does, gallop and Pewresearch to name a couple.

You guys need to start looking up your own facts. LOL
    Last edited by Estaban; 08-04-2020 at 12:28 PM.

And how do they do estimates? By sales figures and surveys. The NRA does, gallop and Pewresearch to name a couple.

You guys need to start looking up your own facts you pull outa your dookie shoot. LOL
    Sales figures and surveys work fine if the market is a legal one. The arms market in Mexico is for the most part illegal/underground. Illegal markets do not take part in surveys nor do they publish their sales figures. There for lacking any legal gun data estimates take front and center in Mexico.

Well pinkie I doubt you'll see it on Faux news. They want to keep you ignorant of facts. I figure your might be smart enough to google unemployed since covid, maybe not. So these unemployed get insurance from work right?

"Unemployment rose higher in three months of COVID-19 than it did in two years of the Great Recession. The COVID-19 outbreak and the economic downturn it engendered swelled the ranks of unemployed Americans by more than 14 million, from 6.2 million in February to 20.5 million in May 2020."

How many people got on unemployment cause they could make more on it then they could working? It's kinda sad when my niece who's a nurse and my wife also is one aren't making the money some unemployed people are but they are putting there life on the line working screwed up world we're living in

Sales figures and surveys work fine if the market is a legal one. The arms market in Mexico is for the most part illegal/underground. Illegal markets do not take part in surveys nor do they publish their sales figures. There for lacking any legal gun data estimates take front and center in Mexico.
    Then there's more, right? So what?

Quote Originally Posted by Lostinspace View Post
    How many people got on unemployment cause they could make more on it then they could working? It's kinda sad when my niece who's a nurse and my wife also is one aren't making the money some unemployed people are but they are putting there life on the line working screwed up world we're living in
    It is kinda screwy but that's not the topic here. Try looking up corporations that got PPE then went belly up. Oh, how bout churches that pay no taxes but got our money?

We can do a thread on that, just start it.

Very true not the topic but you did make the post about unemployment and I was just wondering how many people are still on unemployment because they are making more on it than working I know a couple business owners who have said some employees haven't come back because they could make more on unemployment than working that's all

You showed 5,400,000 lost HEALTH CARE not jobs and no other country had even one health care loss !! Many people don't get health care from work, they buy it on their own dime. The health care benefit went belly up when Obama pushed his Obama Care through , with a finite number of employees so a business owner by limiting the number of people who worked for him, avoided having to provide health care .[ That increased the unemployment roles since there were now fewer jobs ]. Additionally , many full time employees were made part time for a similar reason . What a great idea that was ! People don't get free health care anywhere except here . You pay in taxes out of your paycheck , and then out of your unemployment , in these other countries. In Mexico, I mentioned that everyone had health care and he said, 'Oh no, you pay for it with your taxes" I asked what happened if you didn't pay , and he said, "You're out of luck".
    Last edited by pinkie; 08-04-2020 at 01:23 PM.

You showed 5,400,000 lost HEALTH CARE not jobs and no other country had even one health care loss !!
    Yup, cus they all have universal health care. duh

Very true not the topic but you did make the post about unemployment and I was just wondering how many people are still on unemployment because they are making more on it than working I know a couple business owners who have said some employees haven't come back because they could make more on unemployment than working that's all
    So your niece is a nurse and she doesn't make 15 bucks an hour? 15 x 40 hours is 600 bucks. Thats hard to believe since most entry level nurses get $23 an hour. I have a niece thats a nurse and she make 90 grand plus bennies.

So your niece is a nurse and she doesn't make 15 bucks an hour? 15 x 40 hours is 600 bucks. Thats hard to believe since most entry level nurses get $23 an hour. I have a niece thats a nurse and she make 90 grand plus bennies.
    Don't know what my niece gets paid my wife more than that and works way more than 40 hours a week but you didn't answer the question?

You showed 5,400,000 lost HEALTH CARE not jobs and no other country had even one health care loss !! Many people don't get health care from work, they buy it on their own dime. The health care benefit went belly up when Obama pushed his Obama Care through , with a finite number of employees so a business owner by limiting the number of people who worked for him, avoided having to provide health care .[ That increased the unemployment roles since there were now fewer jobs ]. Additionally , many full time employees were made part time for a similar reason . What a great idea that was ! People don't get free health care anywhere except here . You pay in taxes out of your paycheck , and then out of your unemployment , in these other countries. In Mexico, I mentioned that everyone had health care and he said, 'Oh no, you pay for it with your taxes" I asked what happened if you didn't pay , and he said, "You're out of luck".
    14 mil lose jobs, do the math. Prolly more than 5 mil lost healthcare by being unemployed.

How about the corporations that got billions in PPP and then laid off workers? Do't whine to me about it, call your congressman, both senate and house passed it.

yall gonna get this thread locked again
    what's so funny about peace love and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyman1903 View Post
    True that👍

it's not Estaban who is going to get this thread locked, it's that jack Pinky who with his first post after the OPs post (#2) that took this thread into the sewer ...

Edited out off topic quote - NB
    Last edited by North Bender; 08-04-2020 at 02:39 PM.

14 mil lose jobs, do the math. Prolly more than 5 mil lost healthcare by being unemployed.
    "Prolly" ? You're guessing without proof?

Gray fog bound straights where cedars stand watching

I agree SfcRet, that’s why I commented on it. I didn’t delete it as to stand as an example of what not to do here but I guess the lesson’s learned and I’m going back to clean it up and erase your quote of him.

Mobody has the inclination or willingness to moderate/edit every sidebar comment on drugs, healthcare, etc. Just don’t make it all about Trump/Biden, and don’t use insults, and unless Ken K sees different I don’t want to completely shut down freewheeling conversation.
    I'm always looking for rare varieties of 9x18 ammunition.

How about the corporations that got billions in PPP and then laid off workers? Do't whine to me about it, call your congressman, both senate and house passed it.
    True. My wife works in LTC they don't have the ppe they need don't whine to me answer the question do most people stay on unemployment because they can make more on it than not?

[QUOTE=Estaban[/QUOTE]

Estaban, I'm retired from the health care industry. So I have some standing to speak out here. Total universal health care run by the government does not work that well. In countries with total government run health care patients experience long wait times to see a general MD and even greater waits for specialists. They do not have access to much of the cutting edge service that Americans are used to here in the states. Example Cancer. The US cancer cure rate is much higher in the US than countries with total government run health care. Some of the reasons for the lower cure rate in government programs are lack of quick access to MD's, care facilities, state of the art medication etc. Many government run health care programs will not issue or supply cancer treatments they believe to be to costly as they are always working to keep government cost down. I other words if you become to expensive in these government systems your on your own. If you want an example of how government run health care works one only has to look as the dysfunctional adventures of the VA. I'm a veteran so I can speak to that also. With both Peru and total government health care your trying to make a sow's ear into a silk purse. As you can see from reactions on this thread your sales pitch needs work.
    Last edited by creeks; 08-04-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Problem with all those "Other" countries is health care !!!
    Just a note to lostinspace, I didn't bring up healthcare, pinkie did. Post #2.

Plus I said this wasn't about healthcare but ya'll persist. I can go *** for tat no problem.

Maybe start a healthcare thread in Survival forums. hahaha

Plus I said this wasn't about healthcare but ya'll persist. I can go *** for tat no problem.

Yes, but you took it and ran with it!!

Problem with all those "Other" countries is health care !!!

Nothing personal just a discussion

Just a reply. I did note healthcare was not the topic, neither is economics. The forum is about RKBA.

I would be happy to banter about healthcare in some other forum with you.

Just a reply. I did note healthcare was not the topic, neither is economics. The forum is about RKBA.

I would be happy to banter about healthcare in some other forum with you.
    👍 I'm not a good debater haha

cpw is offline Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member

They need to talk more about firearms.
    Charlie
    II Thessalonians 3:10
    Romans 1:26-32
    I Corinthians 6:9

👍 I'm not a good debater haha
    Agreed!