Gunboards Forums banner

Bubba got to this m94

675 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  z1r 
#1 ·
Not long ago I bought a Swede m94-14 after seeing it listed on a popular internet site as being for sale at a Pawn Shop. I inquired and found out that everything was intact except for the missing rear sight and that it had been drilled and tapped for a scope. I ended up buying it for $300 and had it shipped to my local gun store. All was well and good until it arrived and I saw that 3 of the 4 holes drilled had gone clear through the top of the receiver.

Is this rifle safe to shoot? If I can find screws to fit in the holes, does that make it more safe to shoot? I guess I'm asking the more knowledgeable members here what my options are.
It has the full stock and a good bore and only hope it can be fired.
Oh and by the way I don't know what Bubba's name is but his initials are CR. At least that is what he unfortunately carved into each side of the stock. And to say the least he was no artisan in his carving.
Thank you for any advice you have to help me get this rifle to the range. I only hope that I don't need to part it out.
TD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.