Gunboards Forums banner

VZ58 Gray

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  mag204 
#1 · (Edited)
Last week I received an email from Czechpoint stating they just got in some gray finished VZ58s with black polymer furniture. I bought one before they sold out and it arrived today. This finish mimics the gray finish on my original D-Tecnics VZ58 although it's a little lighter. None the less it's a great combination making for a very good looking rifle. I see Brownells has a version with new Beechwood stocks for several hundred dollars more. Here are some photos. I prefer the gray finish over their current black finish they use for most of their rifles and pistols.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
:thumbsup:

#3 ·
Very nice. My new CSA vz.58 has the black finish and beaver barf furniture. I’m quite pleased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#4 ·
They are great rifle and IMO superior to an AK, plus they are just elegant looking. My original D-Tecnic has the wood chip aka beaver barf furniture and you have to love the 50s art deco look of them, plus they are incredibly strong stocks. Was just watching some really good YouTube videos on the VZ58. Rob from the "AK Operators Union" did a 5000 round test on one and came away impressed. Tim from the "Military Arms Channel" also likes these more than AKs. I saw my 1'st one in Viet Nam in 1968 and was also impressed by it.

Attachments

#5 ·
I agree with you. It is quite elegant. My Tantal seems bulky and ungainly by comparison. I have a mount to attach my Wolverine PBS-1 suppressor to the vz.58 and it performed well. I have some subsonic 7.62 on order, with a little luck the back pressure might help it cycle.

-gonzo. ISO ac42 mag #4848b, PPK mag #285129K-2, P38 IV box

#9 ·
Nice; of the many VZ58s I saw downrange in Mess-O-potamia which were fielded by partner units (always in minor numbers-the ubiquitous AK series was of course all over the place) all IIRC had a somewhat gloss/dull gray finish which was explained by some locals as ordered for "marine type units" by Sadaam for use in salt-water type environments. (I have no way to back up those claims and/or knowledge of that weapon systems history). Regardless, as a gray man, I liked that 'grey' color...

#12 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.