Gunboards Forums banner

Two AK questions please

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  SfcRet 
#1 ·
#6 ·
IMO the holes at the end would decrease it's effectiveness as a brake, they might increase it's effectiveness as a flash hider. IMO if it was me I'd just buy a 14x1lh thread AK74 brake, in my testing even the cheapest model decreased felt recoil quite a bit.

#8 ·
https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/LBE-AK47-AKM-MODERN-BRAKE-14x1-LH-4p7341.htm

Is this a good brake ?

Will it fit my Legend AK 47 made by Polytech ?

THank you in advance
Yes, this brake will fit your Polytech. I have never used this brake, but from the design of it, it will for sure move some of the pressure to the sides. It will probably be very laud and have some flames going to the sides as well. So, if you are shooting at public ranges, people are going to hate you...lol

#9 ·
yep, loud and proud with huge fireballs to boot :laugh:

I put a 74 style brake on my AR pistol and a AK74 brake on my AKS 74U it channeled the noise and shock waves from the sides and make huge fireballs from the sides and front of it.

a guy on the public range thought I blew up my gun it was the loudest thing he has ever heard outside a artillery or a tank firing, told him that's what I was going for, :laugh:

#10 ·
Years ago I had 2 SAR1's setup with the same stock setup/mags/optics, at a range day with a few friends we decided to test felt recoil between a Sar without a brake and one with a $10 AK74 brake (at the time they were about everywhere for $10, point is it was just a cheap one). In firing the rifles back to back everyone felt the 74 brake decrease felt recoil a good degree, 25-50% were the estimates everyone gave which was pretty substantial IMO for what was basically a cheapie brake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.