Gunboards Forums banner

Achtung, nice sturmgewehr ; ) STG44

6K views 53 replies 23 participants last post by  MGMike 
#1 ·
So,
Received (trade) this nice baby. To hot to handle.

I really think those inspection officers loved there (stamps)job

See less See more
#4 ·
Beautiful! :thumbsup:

#9 ·
Now you’re just showing off. :tisk:

Joking of course! You have every right to be proud of your beautiful collection! :thumbsup:

#14 ·
I don't know if you have seen it, but Graf's "had" (before cost run up) Kurz ammo from Hornady for .60-.70 /rd when on sale. I got a couple cases. I still have the ammo I got from Hornady engineers when I was testing the ammo in my STG44 s for them. It is boxer, NC, and really good quality ammo. Still aa beter deal at a $ a round than the old steel corrosive East german or nazi stuff.

#17 ·
David,
I had a two tone one like that years ago. It was post WW2 chrome plated. The guy who rebuilt it got the chrome off after much agony. He phosphate the upper and had to replace the lower off of another one. Evidently when it was brought home they broke the springs in the trigger group so it would not fire. I sold it back in the early '90's.I still remember the number 6274n.

#28 ·
A design far ahead of its time. Great pictures, guys.

#29 ·
I can give a little insight here. My grandfather was a member of the 401st Timberwolves. While in Germany he happened upon one of those and carried it with him, had no intention of giving it up either. However one night while walking guard duty an officer didn’t reply to his challenge so he racked bolt and the answer to the challenge came quickly. A week or so later that officer must have still held a grudge because he ordered him to turn it. He missed it a lot I can tell you that. He never wanted to get into NFA paperwork so he went without got a long time. He bought the ATI .22 version and then later the PTR-44. Put a smile on his face every time he held them. He passed just over a year ago and I have both of them now. I can’t afford the real one but would love to get hold of one sometime.

I have a bunch of the Hornady ammo but some of it is showing slight corrosion at the neck so I need to shoot those quick. I have a ladder load to test out when I get a chance. Load data is scarce out there. I have brass and bullets and would love if anyone posts up load data.

#39 ·
I have brass and bullets and would love if anyone posts up load data.
Here reloading data.

7.92x33mm Kurz from Powley Calculations

Case and Bullet Data

Case Water Wt.
Barrel Length
Bullet Wt.
Sectional Density
26.3 gr.
15.1 in.
125 gr.

Case and Reloading Data

Optimum
Reduced
Minimum
Powder Wt. (gr)
Charge/Bullet Wt.
Powder
Exp. Ratio
Vel. (ft/sec)
Pressure (psi)

#31 ·
Nice piece, back in the mid 70's I came across one that was missing the bolt. Some lady I was doing a job for had it.she said her husband brought it back from the war. I asked if she had any paper work and she said she did not.
I explained to her that it was illegal and the only thing it was good for was parts. She said for me to take it and do what ever I wanted to do with it.
It broke my heart when I saw cut the receiver!
I sold the parts for $350.00, I just saw two saw cut parts kits on gunbroker one for $5500.00 and one for $6500.00:cry:

#37 ·
I'm aware that this particular STG44 has been refurbished. I'm ok with that since i bought it for didactical reasons. I also teach warhistory in high schools. Kids don't see that difference, they are just stunned to get a weapon in there hands at school.

I can tell you, i got there attention then ; )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.