Gunboards Forums banner

Original PEM straight from Russia legit?

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  reiver1 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I got an offer yesterday on a original 37' PEM out of Russia. It's in very good condition and even though I am 98% sure it is an original I just wanted to post some thing here to get your opinion. My reasoning is.

1) It doesn't look like a Ukrainian copy which is what a faker would use and the price isn't insanely higher than a Ukrainian copy.
2) It's got wear, rust and marks that are hard to fake (They would have taken a lot of thought and know how to do).
3) A cross screw is missing, unlikely on a repo.
4) The leather lense covers look real.
5) The reticle looks imperfect however very much like an original would.
6) The guy is on pay pal, hence he is very unlikely to be a faker.

Here are the pictures,

Any thoughts?

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks legit to me, and 37 is a early scope that is harder to find. Tough to see from your pictures but are the screws on the back side of the adjustment block still peened?

#7 ·
Agreed. Really impressed wiht the Dimitri PEM copy. Much nicer than the Accumounts and RSM ones...

Here is a pic with Original '37 and '38 PEM scopes. Russian/Japanese PEM scope and a Dimitri Fieldscheer PEM copy. The Fieldscheer PEM copy is gorgeous. Surprised how nice it is.
2nd from the bottom.

#8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the pics....can you post a few pics of the Dmitri PEM ...it looks so close to an original I'd like to note the differences ...what is different or incorrect from an original. The PE's are easy to ID as not original...this one looks harder.

Also... on my '37 serial # A 19887 the date 1937 is upside down on the off side that appears to be an early '37 event as I've seen other low numbered A series like that then they flipped it over at a later date...do you know about when?

#10 ·
That looks like a nice one, pricey too. I have bought one or two through Kalinka and I think Molosky had them and was friends with someone of influence at Kalinka. The Siege mount, scope and cover I got from him was a beauty. I bought a nice Alloy PU scope from Kalinka but it was a bit more pricey than I had seen them at that time, maybe 6 or 7 years ago.

As I always say, the top mount for a PE is the pricey part. Raspooten making the bases is a real blessing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.