Gunboards Forums banner

Are people really paying $125 a box for small pistol primers?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  wrench 
#1 ·
I've been sort of off line for a few months. I got sick and have been focusing on other things. while I was recovering i would watch TV and prep brass. I went to the store to pick up a few boxes of primers and they laughed at me. Looked on line and I can't believe it. I guess everyone here knows the rest. I called cci and they said they are shipping them out every day but until all the panic buyers get a million each they are hard to get. Fortunately I've lived through a few of these panic buying spells so I have enough for a little while. now when I go to the range I bring 50 22's,15 9mm,and 10 303 rounds. I'm actually having more fun but this is the worst.
A few trusted friends have ran out of ammo so I had been giving some away and just asked that they return it later.
Is it possible to find them on line for decent prices at the major resellers? I've been looking and was actually able to load 3 boxes on my cart and pay for them but got an email later saying the order was canceled due to out of stock. When I called they said they get them every week but they go fast.
oh well here we go again.

#2 ·
Based on the show I was at this weekend, People were paying between $35 and $50 per brick. I did see one seller with primers at $89 per brick but do not know how much they sold...

#3 ·
how are you on materials for reloading?

i saw something similar on line .got me thinking how i stood. found 10,000 small rifle and 6000 small pistol primers so i think iam ok. most of my stuff is loaded in ammo cans was wondering how much others are holding back just in case.also have maybe 5000 primed 7.92x33 i bought from buffalo arms years ago ,they where cheaper pimed than unprimed never understood that. wife never understood my collecting habits.

#5 ·
good news and bad news. I had a small water leak in my bathroom and I grapped my plumbing tool box. you know where I keep my plumbing tools. opened it up and it was full of primed 38 special,38 sw, 32 French and 8mm level cases. more than I need for awhile. so thanks to the mystery board member who snuck in my house and replaced my tools with primed cases.

now that I think about it a remember a long time ago I put a bunch in there because it had that no rust coating and was watertight. then I completely forgot about them.

oh yea the bad news is while I was going through my brass the sink kept leaking until there was a big puddles on the floor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.