Scammer??

Thread: Scammer??

Default Scammer??

I was approached by Elrider on a WTB ad I posted. He gave me his email and the pictures he email were not exactly what I asked for (multiple P38 barrel pictures, some with front sight, some without) and a few pictures were identical to pictures I found on the internet.

I did talk to him on the phone but there was an echo (overseas type) and his English wasnít good.

His Forum name is Elrider and uses [email protected] for emails.

Is there any way to look up his browsing and PM history? If he has many replies to WTB ads, he could be a scammer.

I Explosives

You can see his post, but not his PMís.

I think you did good work here. It will be looked at.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hopdevil View Post
    You can see his post, but not his PMís.

I think you did good work here. It will be looked at.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can you view his browsing history or get an IP? If heís all over the WTB ads like a hobo on a ham sandwich or overseas when he has a Los Angles cell number, itíll point to scammer type behavior.

Any other way I can help??

I Explosives

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

The forum has a good seach tool, you can insert a username and see the threads he's posted on.
    All humans are weaponeers.

Default Scammer??

I tried to sniff out the guy before posting here, donít want to smear anyone. All of his posts are replies and none of those are more than two short sentences.

The reason I asked is Iíve been a member of INGO for a while and their forum shows a greater level of user activity to include browsing activity.

Iím stuck using the Tapatalk app since joining gunboards (displaced due to house fire) and donít have a computer to explore regular web browser features...which I imagine gunboards has.

I Explosives
    Last edited by EOD Guy; 09-04-2020 at 10:24 PM.

He's a scammer I think, he approached me on a WTB ad I posted and I haven't heard back from him for 11 days.

Yup I'm out $350 so that this forum could learn that he was a scammer (this thread was started 5 days after transaction). He had dozens of pics which included all the markings and areas I asked about, and none of those pics returned results when reverse-image-searched. There was no way to tell from the email.
    The fact that the trader boards here are visible before you ever post or even create an account is genius and should serve as a model for every forum. Thanks guys