Century FNM .223?

Thread: Century FNM .223?

Default Century FNM .223?

I was wondering whether anybody had bought any:
    http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=AM1411

I'm curious about how it is packed, dates, and how it shoots.

CDD

Quote Originally Posted by NuJudge View Post
    I was wondering whether anybody had bought any:
    http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=AM1411

I'm curious about how it is packed, dates, and how it shoots.

CDD
    Mine was always 40rds to the box, 400rds in a Plastic Combat Pak...4000rds to the case. Packaging was just like the FNM 7.62NATO. Century has it listed in 20rd units and cans...may be packed different for a different contract, or they are putting it in those Malaysian 308 cans they seem to have an endless supply of. Dates I have seen are in the 1980s.... it is Boxer/Noncorrosive primed and the best shooting 5.56 M193 Ball ammo I have ever tried. Sadly it is seems rather expensive these days....but all ammo does
    Last edited by ammolab; 11-27-2007 at 06:12 AM.

Default Port.5.56

My experience the this ammunition has been very positive-Lot 80-4 shot .8 inches in several Remington M700 varmit rifle that I have used over the years.The prior posting about the "battle packs"covers the way that they used to pack it.I have also shot some of the steel jacket Port.M193 but it was about like any other run of mill ball ammunition.Will

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

It has not shot as well for me as it has for previous posters, but it is decent ammunition. Sadly I think it too expensive for surplus that is nearly 30 years old. I can get better-shooting (in my rifles) brand new Fiocchi .223 or 5.56mm Prvi Partisan for less. If it was a super deal, it's already be gone .....
    Last edited by mrbullets; 11-27-2007 at 07:52 PM.

Seemed like a good deal for brass 5.56. I ordered a can to add to the brass stash. Hopefully it will be alright and if so I most likely order more. Comes right down to it all brass 5.56 is expensive now days and steel Wolf is not that far behind.
    "Sometimes for King, always for Country"

NRA, FOP, GCA, CMP