Gunboards Forums banner

Share the Maks!-post your Best Mak Pictures Here!

96K views 223 replies 127 participants last post by  CrazyIrish 
#1 · (Edited)
First off..

A 1978 Bulgarian Limited Production Run MAkarov... Finish is 60-70% But mechanically perfect.

See less See more
#4 ·
The axis powers, Germany and Japan, Mak and Seiko.

#8 ·
First one I think correct exposure, white background nice as well. Or Red

#14 · (Edited)

These are some very, very poor pictures of my "Silk Purse". Unfortunately, I failed to take any pictures of her while she was still a "Sow's Ear". 1991 Bulgarian. Reblueing by Fogle's Gunsmithing of West Mansfield, Ohio. Grips from Gustav and Dennis Marschalko of Budapest, Hungary.

Attachments

#19 ·
View attachment 652564
These are some very, very poor pictures of my "Silk Purse". Unfortunately, I failed to take any pictures of her while she was still a "Sow's Ear". 1991 Bulgarian. Reblueing by Fogle's Gunsmithing of West Mansfield, Ohio. Grips from Gustav and Dennis Marschalko of Budapest, Hungary.
I've ordered a grip from Gustav and Dennis - Zebrawood with a Red Finish, Thumb Rest and Finger whatever-ya-call-'em - the Brothers are now in the UK, I believe. the grip will go on my '63 Suhl E.G. (which has what I call a "black chrome" finish)

#17 ·
A few of my guns...

A stainless .380 commercial version IJ70-17AS

A Russian PM

A 1961 EG with Dennis grips

A Chinese model 59 "Z" serial Mak, notice the upside down "n" on the import mark for N.C.

A PA-63, I have done the trigger with a Wolff spring kit, shoots awesome tight groups

Part of my CZ82 collection

My SMC collection - SMC -918, two SMC-380's one in steel the other in alloy, and an SMC-22

D

Attachments

#18 ·
These are my Bulgarian Makarov. It's a 1981 I bought recently and I've only put about 25 rounds through it. They were taken outside on a cloudy day to try and stop the glare and flash reflection. In the second picture you can see that the "M" in Makarov is silver. It looks like it slipped or something when they engraved the import mark. In the first picture you can't see it but there is a small mark just opposite of the "M" but it doesn't penetrate the bluing like the "M" does. The lines are reflections of tree limbs...it really looks better in person. The tag on it was HG765-X and according to the information I've found the X means excellent. It really had a lot of cosmoline in it but not fully packed. I really don't know what to make of it but I bought it to shoot and CC. It came with a brown flap holster, lanyard, bakelite and black plastic grips, with two magazines & cleaning rod. Paid $300.

#23 ·
Abuck, what are the name of those grips...wood, finish, etc...I like the pattern with no thumb rest...looks good for IWB.

Does it have a left hand thumb rest? I don't see one with that pattern and no rest.

QUOTE=abuck50;2542809]
My maybe unissued, no import marked, East German, sporting some Dennis grips.[/QUOTE]

#28 ·
Abuck, what are the name of those grips...wood, finish, etc...I like the pattern with no thumb rest...looks good for IWB.

Does it have a left hand thumb rest? I don't see one with that pattern and no rest.

QUOTE=abuck50;2542809]
My maybe unissued, no import marked, East German, sporting some Dennis grips.
[/QUOTE]
Yankee, They are Marschal grips. They are ambidextrous with no thumb rest. Checkered finger groove, walnut with red shellac.