Magazine for Mauser 1910 vs. 1914 in .25 ACP

Thread: Magazine for Mauser 1910 vs. 1914 in .25 ACP

Default Magazine for Mauser 1910 vs. 1914 in .25 ACP

I have recently rebuilt three Mauser pocket pistols. One has the side latch and is a Model 1910. The other two are both Model 1914. Over a couple of years I have managed to gather three original magazines. All three fit perfectly into the 1914s but none fit into the 1910. Can anyone tell me with certainty if these models require different magazines? If they should accept the same one then my 1910 may have some other issues.

Many thanks.

wsjax4,

A 1910 Sidelatch serial numbers 1-61000 all use a .25 caliber magazine unique to that model. Later .25 caliber Mauser pocket models use a different style magazine.
    All 1914 & 1934 model Mauser pocket pistols in .32 caliber magazines are interchangeable.
    The Mauser HSC uses a slightly different style .32 caliber magazine.

Regards,
    Last edited by 1914mauser; 06-15-2016 at 04:13 PM.
    Aim small, mis small.
    B. Mason

One of my pistols has a serial number in the 40,000 range so this is one that takes a separate mag. I was excited when I figured out that this one is different (older) than my other Pocket Pistols but it's frustrating at the same time. Any idea where I can find a mag for a .25 cal 1910?

Thanks again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wsjax4 View Post
    One of my pistols has a serial number in the 40,000 range so this is one that takes a separate mag. I was excited when I figured out that this one is different (older) than my other Pocket Pistols but it's frustrating at the same time. Any idea where I can find a mag for a .25 cal 1910?

Thanks again.
    That 40,000 SN would be a Sidelatch, made between 1910-1914. Magazines are available from time to time on GunBroker. Search Parts/ pistol parts/ Magazines/ *Mauser. The correct magazine will have a nickeled finish and for yours should have round witness holes in the body. Sidelatch magazines have a base whose sides are flush with the body of the magazine. Most are marked with a small star on the rounded end of the base. You can expect the price to be around $150 and your best bet is sellers from Germany or eastern Europe.

Show us some pictures, we'd love to see what you have!

Regards,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails COLL2.jpg  

Aim small, mis small.
    B. Mason

I've actually seen two magazines in the last six months that had a star on the bottom. I wish I had known! I promise to post some picks soon. I have one pistol that is missing a mag, one that is missing a mag catch, and one that is missing a disconnector. Stay tuned and thank you for your information.