jhall5754 Scammer!

Thread: jhall5754 Scammer!

Default jhall5754 Scammer!

You might want to take a look at this guy! Sent me a PM, contact me for pictures. [email protected]

he is banned
    Godfather, Eibar Mafia

El Jefe Loco

Good! I had a bad feeling. He PMed me about a WTB add I have posted. Suspicious with 0 post history and only wanted me to email him.
    I avoided.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Yikes ! Hopefully nobody confuses me with that guy. I see our screen IDs are too close for comfort. I do not do any of the things this guy has been accused of, and I am not banned. I usually hang out over on the Makarov forums.

I think he purposefully mimics existing names to blend in.
    Godfather, Eibar Mafia

El Jefe Loco

he PM'd me too about WTB and looks like he is/was doing the same over on CMP forum

good lookin out chevelle

Same here, responded to an add I have.
    Sent from my Nokia 1020 win 8.1 phone

Me too. Just received an email today from a person with the same email as is listed in post #1. I responded back via email and got thinking and checked and found this thread.

He sent me one too but luckily he used someone else's pics and I remembered the gun from a few months ago.

What name and email? He keeps re-registering, sometimes multiple times per day. If you receive his approach - give us user name and email!
    Godfather, Eibar Mafia

El Jefe Loco

Can't you guys IP ban?

Lazguns101 was the user but shows banned. I got to mess with him by email all day though. He is persistent.

I got PM from him today offering to sell a Winchester 1917...............glad I checked. Also user name showed Lazguns101 and banned.

He keeps re-registering under new IPs.
    Godfather, Eibar Mafia

El Jefe Loco

I tried to get this guy busted unfortunately he lives in Jersey City NJ I have been there they have a lot to worry about the police were not interested I called my local PD they said no crime committed. I have him on the hook for a deal thinking they would get involved and bust him...... Here is the name and address he wanted payment sent to he said Lorna was his wife I doubt it all. What happens is they get the USPS MO we sign it with a ballpoint pen. They wash the check(soak it in acetone) write their name on it and cash it. This address is a two story he is probably having it sent to the little old lady upstairs He always asks for tracking he gets the check out of the mail, washes the check ,writes his name on it and he gets cash meanwhile Lorna Hall doesn't even know it happened.
    He says his name is Jim Hall. Had it been a small town I could have got him....................still cant find a M16a1 parts kit........
    Name-Lorna hall
    Address-262 Columbia Ave 1st fl. Jersey City NJ 07307

Also CMP site says they hade 2 people get burned I tried to pm the Supermoderator to get more info thinking the NJ police and my Local PD would move on it if the had several crimes committed but never got a reply from the CMP site He also just joined ar15.com....hmmmm wonder why

Ditto, lazguns replied to my wtb ad too. I remembered him though from reading one of these threads

just got a PM from him with username: gungunner99

same jhal email

sent me a note too - darn, I wanted some pre-WW1 german military ammo too

using this user name gungunner99

Got a pm from him too but saw he was banned.

He PM'ed me today about a WTB ad that I had on the site. Asked for a tracking number for my money order. He gave this address.

Name-LORNA HALL
    Address-262 Columbia Ave 1st fl. Jersey City nj 07307

got one from him too on a WTB, and thought something was up when his grammar was poor, his descriptions were short, and the picture he provided was low res cropped lol i also seen he was banned.

here is his phone number 501-215-5468 He had no idea I have a ton of family in Brooklyn and my Uncle is stopping by his house today to "drop off my payment" for the M16A1 part kit he is selling me..........should be interesting too bad the cops wouldn't help on this I'm sure they have bigger fish to fry

He is calling me every couple minutes his number comes up Morrilton Arkansas

oh now he will no longer sell it to me!!!
    Last edited by Discus420; 09-12-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Here is some of the fun I had with him. Start at the bottom and read up. He finally lost his cool when I tried to pres him on if they drink sweet or unsweet tea in NJ.

And yes I know you have to ship out of state transfers to ffl. I played dumb asking if it would be shipped direct to see if this guy was legit or not...needless to say the deal fell through. Haha.

Lol. Ahh scammers.....

------------------

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 9, 2016, at 3:45 PM, james hall <[email protected]> wrote:
    Hello,pls am here strictly for business and i dont need fresh egg or burger king,i said i have to move and my wife just put to bed and i have no choice than to move,like i said i gave it out for that price because of this,money order can do a day delivery or the following day delivery,and it will get here not less than 2 days,and the other rifle i bought,have also sold it out 4 days ago,but if you dont feel comfortable doing this deal with me,you can let me know
    On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 9:39 PM, Doug <doug. wrote:
    Oh ok I thought meeting with you would be faster than mailing the money order. I can meet you first thing Monday. The money order would go out today or Saturday and not get to you till the end of next week.

I'll even bring some extra fresh eggs and throw in a Burger King gift card to sweeten the deal!!

Do you drink sweet tea or unsweet tea in NJ?

Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone
    On Sep 9, 2016, at 3:36 PM, james hall <[email protected]> wrote:
    Am sorry i cant wait till next-week,i have to sell this out this week and that is one of the reason why am selling it out for that price,have been looking for local buyers but didnt see any,am moving my family to a new place and that another reason why am selling out for that price,,,,,i need to move my family before sunday.....

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 9:32 PM, Doug <doug wrote:
    Hi, I'll be in that area next week. I'll swing by and pick it up with cash. That's pretty great how things work out. Too bad about not being able to trade for eggs or socks. I have way too many around here.

What's the best phone number to reach you at when I get close?

D

Sent from my iPhone
    On Sep 9, 2016, at 3:24 PM, james hall <[email protected]> wrote:
    Am sorry i do not accept any of that...i can only accept money order..

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 9:21 PM, Doug <doug wrote:
    Great thanks for the fast reply!

Before I send payment.. Do you accept any of these for payment? Burger King gift cards (yum yum), fresh eggs, or lightly worn socks?

Please let me know. I can also do a combination of these and the usps money order.

The exchange rate for lightly worn socks has been about 6 pairs = $1. Vintage striped add .50 to the value.

The eggs can vary but usually have traded out to equal a dozen per $3. Have on hand around 12 dozen. Bertha May has been popping them out lately!

I have about 20 Burger King cards valued at $15 each. That would be $300. The old acid reflux has been popping up lately...

Very excited to get this fine looking pistol.

Thanks again for letting me know about the deal.

PS also can consider other trade options.

D

Sent from my iPhone
    On Sep 9, 2016, at 3:11 PM, james hall <[email protected]> wrote:
    Yes i can ship directly to you,and you can make payment going to the post office and make payment by USPS Money Order.

Please send Money Order to the details below.

Name-Lorna hall
    Address-262 Columbia Ave 1st fl. Jersey City nj 07307

Expecting to hear from you..

Please provide me with tracking number so I can always be updated.

Thanks.
    On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 9:07 PM, Doug <doug wrote:
    Will you ship directly to me? Where can I mail payment? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
    On Sep 9, 2016, at 3:00 PM, james hall <[email protected]> wrote:
    i bought it 2 month ago,and the reason why am selling it is because i just bought another type of rifle,it working perfectly and it in a very good condition.USPS money order would be preferred..

Thanks
    On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 8:41 PM, Doug <dougwrote:
    Very interested.. How can I pay since I failed to ask earlier?

Sent from my iPhone
    On Sep 9, 2016, at 2:20 PM, james hall <[email protected]> wrote:
    am asking $750 for it,shipping included....

Thanks

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 8:17 PM, Doug <dougwrote:
    Hi. What are you asking for it? All correct?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
    On Sep 9, 2016, at 2:03 PM, james hall <[email protected]> wrote:
    check attachment for pictures....

Thanks
    On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 6:56 PM, Doug <doug.wrote:

Hi let me know what you got. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

<1.jpg>
    <2.jpg>

Last edited by Reconinforce; 09-12-2016 at 03:56 PM.

You need to call the PD and tell them an individual out of Jersey City just offered to sell an out of state resident a firearm without going through an FFL. All out of state transfers (to people without an NJ FID card) must go though and FFL.
    Ike
    "Hope is not a strategy"
    NRA Life Member
    USPSA Life Member

I know that's why i asked the guy if he would ship direct... Was feeling him out as I was starting to get the feeling something was not legit about this dude. As there is no actual illegal transfer I doubt they will do anything.

I would still call PD.

And to answer your question .. Unsweetened Ice Tea.
    Ike
    "Hope is not a strategy"
    NRA Life Member
    USPSA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ike27 View Post
    You need to call the PD and tell them an individual out of Jersey City just offered to sell an out of state resident a firearm without going through an FFL. All out of state transfers (to people without an NJ FID card) must go though and FFL.
    I am waiting for the Morrilton AR Sherriff to call me he is listed (JIM HALL) in that town he has checks sent to his Wife in NJ Has a crime been committed ????

I really need someone with a CMP forum membership to contact them they say 2 people on CMP got ripped off by him so that would be a crime I registered for an account but am still waiting for access there is a post JHALL5754 but I cant contact as I am not a member!!! I tried to pm the moderator that was on the JHALL5754 post but don't know if they got it as I am not activated yet

Ok....I have the same thing going. He responded by a PM (he was going by gungunner99) to my WTB ad for an ar-180 scope. He sent me a private e-mail from [email protected]. Sent one picture of the scope from an old Armslist ad from a couple of years ago. I am going to have some fun with this guy....

Quote Originally Posted by kpaintner View Post
    Ok....I have the same thing going. He responded by a PM (he was going by gungunner99) to my WTB ad for an ar-180 scope. He sent me a private e-mail from [email protected]. Sent one picture of the scope from an old Armslist ad from a couple of years ago. I am going to have some fun with this guy....
    kpaintner string him along I have a call with an investigator tomorrow noon MT I have already pissed him off might need somebody he is still trying to rip off I will post again after I talk with the PD again

On mine, I had put up a WTB on a ball mold ( lead casting ).

And he responded with a simple, 'email me for pictures and details'

.675 round ball mold

contact me for pictures and details.
    [email protected]
    Sent from my Nokia 1020 win 8.1 phone

The investigator said he will call the guy but I didn't suffer any loss and no one but me filed a complaint so if anybody wants to do something about this beside bs and help get this guy call 501 354 2413 ask for Mr Boyce he is the investigator file a complaint!!!!!. He just joined 2 more sites today if you google JHALL5754 you will see FAL files and CAL guns now have him as a member.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ike27 View Post
    NO ONE SPOKE UP So case dropped might as well let him back on the forum...............................

Hi everybody.

It looks like that I got tricked by this "gentleman" :-(
    I was looking for a SIG 550 Sight Set and he replied to my "WTB"
    It seemed all quite normal, the only thing that was a bit strange that he only would accept
    payment via money order. After I paid him he promised me to ship the parts but then I got
    a strange E-Mail from him where he stated that he got robbed on the way to post Office and the
    parts were stolen. I asked my money back but he keeps telling me stories. Latest was that he has a friend
    nicknamed "gun freak" who has an identical parts set (interesting!) and that he would buy it from him to
    keep his promise but he would need another $100.00 from me to buy the set from him.
    Sadly it was already too late when I read the postings here so I guess this time I am the booby.
    Anyway, does anybody have an idea what I could do? I am located in Germany which makes things a bit complicated.
    I guess the money is lost anyway but maybe there is a chance that he will get what he deserves.

Call the detective that is listed above. Now a crime has been committed and the fact that your not located in the US makes it worse for him!
    Ike
    "Hope is not a strategy"
    NRA Life Member
    USPSA Life Member

I have received several IMS from him regarding different WTB items. his latest email is [email protected]. I did see a k98 on gunbroker he was sending me pics of trying to sell me. Be careful out there.

I thought about having fun with him also. Maybe next time.

Guys, we need the user name he is going by!
    Godfather, Eibar Mafia

El Jefe Loco

Quote Originally Posted by thommygun View Post
    Hi everybody.

It looks like that I got tricked by this "gentleman" :-(
    I was looking for a SIG 550 Sight Set and he replied to my "WTB"
    It seemed all quite normal, the only thing that was a bit strange that he only would accept
    payment via money order. After I paid him he promised me to ship the parts but then I got
    a strange E-Mail from him where he stated that he got robbed on the way to post Office and the
    parts were stolen. I asked my money back but he keeps telling me stories. Latest was that he has a friend
    nicknamed "gun freak" who has an identical parts set (interesting!) and that he would buy it from him to
    keep his promise but he would need another $100.00 from me to buy the set from him.
    Sadly it was already too late when I read the postings here so I guess this time I am the booby.
    Anyway, does anybody have an idea what I could do? I am located in Germany which makes things a bit complicated.
    I guess the money is lost anyway but maybe there is a chance that he will get what he deserves.

ALL we need is people to speak up please call this guy

The investigator said he will call the guy but I didn't suffer any loss and no one but me filed a complaint so if anybody wants to do something about this beside bs and help get this guy call 501 354 2413 ask for Mr Boyce he is the investigator file a complaint!!!!!. He just joined 2 more sites today if you google JHALL5754 you will see FAL files and CAL guns now have him as a member.......

I know this is an older thread, but here's a lesson from a sysadmin: figure out which IP range he primarily uses and is most likely to be his true ISP. Then send a nastygram to the ISP reporting abuse. Re-registering after you've been banned falls under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, which also places it squarely against his ISP's Terms of Service. Tell them what he's doing, and provide the IP address as well as the time he used it. Explain that his ban evasion is a violation of the CFAA and that charges will be pressed against him if it continues. Then watch him drop off the face of the internet as his ISP disconnects him.