Gunboards Forums banner

Zastava m 88

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  jaegermeister 
#1 ·
Not sure if this belongs here, but concerns a Tokarev variant. I recently bought this Zastava model 88 9/mm pistol.
It is a Sarco import and has wood grips. Anybody have experience with these? Only has one magazine so does anybody have a source of others? What about holster options-even a military flap would do.
There is no half cock, so what are carry options? Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
Here's the one I picked up used at my LGS last fall for $172, out the door - not including spare mag or holster.
IIRC, the holster came from Classic and I found the spare mag on Gunbroker. Also, the mag that came with this had a defect that jammed the slide-lock. But that was easily fixed.
I also have one bought new a few years ago, in a Zastava clamshell case, with papers & two mags, for considerably more.
Both of mine have polymer grips and the factory slide-mount hammer-block safety.
The ones with no separate safety lever, would probably have only a half-cock.

Happy Motoring, Mark

Attachments

#9 ·
I bought one a few years back, single stack Tokarev in 9mm with more compact dimensions, fun shooter with sharp edges and big ugly sights. Mine came with two magazines I shoot it now and again but it is more a pistol that resides in the safe with another half dozen Toks rather than a carry piece. I have never experienced any failures when shooting the pistol so reliability is right up there with the 762x25 Guns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.