Yugo .30-06?

Thread: Yugo .30-06?

Default Yugo .30-06?

Im just curious about some ammo I've got, that shoots great, but is probably corrosive. It's boxer primed, brass case, and is .30-06 ammo, yet comes in some funny boxes, (22 rounds) and has curious headstamps. It was sold to me as Yugoslavian, which is possible?

The markings on the box:

22 KOM.
    7.62MM METAKA CA YHNBEP3AnHNM 3PHOM M2

NK 5802

bAPYT HUA-02 MbN 5704

all is in cryillic, all "N"s are cyrillic style going the other way, all "Y" type letters have a "foot" at the bottom, and the "HuA-02" is actually a u-looking letter, with a triangle looking letter.

I'm sure this is a Yugoslavian(?) copy of U.S. M2 ball ammo, and it's great stuff. It is boxer primed. Is it corrosive? I'm treating it as if it is, but can anyone tell from the box?

Headstamps are:

NK (N goes the other way)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails headstamp.jpg  

box label small.jpg  

Default Yes

it is corrosive. Good shooting stuff, made to M2 ball spec for M-1's and 1919's. They packed 22 rounds per box, and got a IIRC 40 additional rounds per .50cal ammo can, so their can is total of 440 rnds. A lot of this came in a number of years ago, packed in the WWII style side open ammo cans, and sold for about $65.00 per can, (again, IIRC)
    Clean your gas system in your M-1, not hard to do, but must be done. :cool:

Yes, it's Yugoslav, made by Igman in 1957.
    Always looking for interesting 7.62x25 Tokarev and 7.63 Mauser cartridges!!!
    Member: International Ammunition Assoc. (IAA), European Cartridge Research Assoc. (ECRA). Ask me about membership!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

It is NON-corrosive. 1956 IS corrosive....

Check my webpage:

www.100megsfree4.com/airground/ammo/ammo.htm

Jeremy, your website says, "This is some info on the current Yugoslav surplus ammo thats out there right now."
    Right now? Out where?

Quote Originally Posted by lwaldron View Post
    Jeremy, your website says, "This is some info on the current Yugoslav surplus ammo thats out there right now."
    Right now? Out where?
    I've had that same web info for a couple of years, so its old info. I bought some of this Yugo ammo 2-3 years ago and have shot some in my Garands and '03. Good N/C ammo.