FN 30-11 Serial Number/Generation Survey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 45 of 90

Thread: FN 30-11 Serial Number/Generation Survey

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default FN 30-11 Serial Number/Generation Survey

    Trying to determine the number of FN 30-11's, whether First (5-round fixed) or Second (10-round detachable) Generation, markings, and countries of location!!!
    All information is strictly confidential (can PM me), and I will gladly share all non-confidential data.

    Tony

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Still searching!!!

    Tony

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    John,

    Thank you for the PM and information!!!

    Tony

  4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Still looking!!!

    Tony

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Still searching!!!

    Tony

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    299

    Default

    I have one but keep forgetting to look at the info on it. I will try to do better.
    Rico, we'll need special tactical equipment.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p230 View Post
    I have one but keep forgetting to look at the info on it. I will try to do better.
    No problem--- I will let it go--- this time!!!
    Thanks
    for the assist
    .

    Tony

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p230 View Post
    I have one but keep forgetting to look at the info on it. I will try to do better.
    PM received--- thanks--- PM to you!!!

    Tony

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Still looking!!!

    Tony

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Still searching!!!

    Tony

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Still looking!!!

    Tony

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    S.E. Arizona
    Posts
    573

    Default The Thai Armed Forces Security Center....

    a combined-arms organization with intel and security duties, near Bangkok, had about a dozen of the first-gen 30-11 rifles, with German post reticle 4x scopes in STANAG mounts when I was stationed with them in 1987-1991. The rifles were seldom used, and the bedding had deteriorated. I re-bedded them in Acraglas, adjusted the triggers and scopes and made-up some good ammunition for them (the ammo they had been issued was Spanish NATO ball, from the Palencia Arsenal) by pulling the original bullets, adjusting the powder charge and seating Sierra 168 gr. MKs. I did not record the serial numbers of the rifles.
    Later, they made up a team to shoot in the first-ever Thai 'national match' rifle competition, using these rifles - I and one fellow American were on the six-man team, which won the match, and I was the high individual winner, receiving a trophy and medal from Crown Princess Sirindthorn.

    PRD1 - mhb - MIke
    Sancho! My armor!

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Mike,

    That is a great story--- thanks for the response!!!

    Tony

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    S.E. Arizona
    Posts
    573

    Default Very welcome...

    Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Mike,

    That is a great story--- thanks for the response!!!

    Tony
    It's always nice to have an opportunity to dredge-up memories from the 'old days', when I was doing things of interest and use. I found a photo of my Thai buddies and me, with one of the 30-11 rifles, when we were testing them after rebuild, with the 'Thai match' reloaded ammo. The image is a digital photo of a snapshot, and not the best, but I think you can make out the significant details:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	027.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	2762082

    From the left are: a MSG, name unrecorded and forgotten, yours truly, MG Amnuay, MAJ (Boonlert?), and in the foreground the FN 30-11 rifle. I noted on the back of the photo that the improved ammo was loaded with the 168 gr. SMK bullet, and the powder charge from the Palencia NATO ball was reduced 1.5 gr. - I failed to note the MV for the ammo, but recall it as ca. 2500 fps. Also noted was that the average accuracy for the rifle(s) and ammo combination was ca. 3/4" for 10 shots @ 100 meters.

    Good times, good times...

    PRD1 - mhb - MIke
    Sancho! My armor!

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PRD1 View Post
    It's always nice to have an opportunity to dredge-up memories from the 'old days', when I was doing things of interest and use. I found a photo of my Thai buddies and me, with one of the 30-11 rifles, when we were testing them after rebuild, with the 'Thai match' reloaded ammo. The image is a digital photo of a snapshot, and not the best, but I think you can make out the significant details:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	027.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	2762082

    From the left are: a MSG, name unrecorded and forgotten, yours truly, MG Amnuay, MAJ (Boonlert?), and in the foreground the FN 30-11 rifle. I noted on the back of the photo that the improved ammo was loaded with the 168 gr. SMK bullet, and the powder charge from the Palencia NATO ball was reduced 1.5 gr. - I failed to note the MV for the ammo, but recall it as ca. 2500 fps. Also noted was that the average accuracy for the rifle(s) and ammo combination was ca. 3/4" for 10 shots @ 100 meters.

    Good times, good times...

    PRD1 - mhb - MIke
    Mike,

    That is awesome--- thank you so much for sharing!!!

    Tony

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Still searching!!!

    Tony

  18. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Still looking!!!

    Tony

  19. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Still searching!!!

    Tony

  20. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Still looking!!!

    Tony

  21. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Still searching!!!

    Tony

  22. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Still looking!!! Tony

  23. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Still searching!!! Tony

  24. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    516

    Default

    Tony send me a direct email .my Aol account ....I have a eye on one but not very familiar with whatís good and whatís not.

    Joezeta

  25. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joezeta2 View Post
    Tony send me a direct email .my Aol account ....I have a eye on one but not very familiar with whatís good and whatís not. Joezeta
    Joe--- PM to you!!! Tony

  26. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Still looking!!!

    Tony

  27. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Still searching!!!

    Tony

  28. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    The search continues!!!

    Tony

  29. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    58

    Default

    PM Sent.
    Greetings
    Douglas

  30. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas_Jr View Post
    PM Sent.
    Greetings
    Douglas
    Douglas,

    Received--- thank you very much for the information!!!

    Tony

  31. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16

    Default My FN Sniper Model 30-11, First generation dating from 1985; a beauty!

    Attachment 3252865Attachment 3252863Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FNModel30-11IMG_20180708_125130 (002).jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	3252867 Even with the original Hensoldt (FN) 4x24 scope, extremely accurate with handloads 168 and 180 Sierra MK....5-shot groups, 18 MM @100 M AND 30,8 MM @ 300 M !.
    Comes complete and original in the "Gun-Guard"-case with "Anschutz"- diopter iron sights.
    Has the MAG bipod and "flash-hider", barrel from "Delcour-LiŤge",length 51,8 mm, which is also the original configuration.
    A joy for the eye and on target!.

  32. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JEANDEE View Post
    Attachment 3252865Attachment 3252863Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FNModel30-11IMG_20180708_125130 (002).jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	3252867 Even with the original Hensoldt (FN) 4x24 scope, extremely accurate with handloads 168 and 180 Sierra MK....5-shot groups, 18 MM @100 M AND 30,8 MM @ 300 M !.
    Comes complete and original in the "Gun-Guard"-case with "Anschutz"- diopter iron sights.
    Has the MAG bipod and "flash-hider", barrel from "Delcour-LiŤge",length 51,8 mm, which is also the original configuration.
    A joy for the eye and on target!.
    Absolutely gorgeous!!!
    PM to you.

    Tony

  33. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16

    Default My FN Sniper Model 30-11, First generation dating from 1985; a beauty!

    Maybe now, other three pics!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FNModel30-11IMG_20180708_125304 (002).jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	748.0 KB 
ID:	3254149Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FNModel30-11IMG_20180708_125148 (002).jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	987.3 KB 
ID:	3254151Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FNModel30-11IMG_20180708_125112 (002).jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	3254153
    Last edited by JEANDEE; 08-24-2018 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Retry sending pics.

  34. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JEANDEE View Post
    Attachment 3253295Attachment 3253297Maybe now, other tw pics!
    Attachments do not work!!!

    Tony

  35. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16

    Default

    With help of "upload manager".....
    I bought the rifle and accessories new back in 1985 at a dealer in Belgium ( he had at that time some twenty cased Snipers , I selected the best looking an did not care about the factory test target.
    I took pics of every aspect and markings, but none gives away it's date/year of manufacture......
    I reload my cartridges and the bullet touches the lands very slightly ; so it's single loading a cartridge ( to long to fit in the magazine), one by one; but sole purpose is precision grouping!

    Best regards,
    John

  36. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    John,

    The pics are up--- absolutely gorgeous--- even the original orange transit case!!!

    Tony

  37. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Attachment 3257759Attachment 3257761Attachment 3257763All the markings on the action and barrel!( there is no special bedding applied, just steel and wood, perfectly fitting)
    John

  38. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    John,

    Attachments no worky!!!

    Tony

  39. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Attachment 3262033Attachment 3262035Attachment 3262037
    With help of "upload manager"....!
    Some details (markings)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180823_124801 (002).jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	3262051exact year of manufacture remains unclear!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180823_124841 (002).jpg  

    IMG_20180823_123819 (003).jpg  

    IMG_20180823_123917 (003).jpg  


  40. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Tony,

    It has to do with the upload manager; I hope you see the pics now !?

    John,

  41. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JEANDEE View Post
    Tony,

    It has to do with the upload manager; I hope you see the pics now !?

    John,
    John,

    I can view them now--- thank you very much!!!

    Tony

  42. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Very nice rifle Jeandee, compared to yours mine was rode hard and put up wet. I am still happy to have it though.
    Rico, we'll need special tactical equipment.

  43. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Here is mine!!!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FN 30-11.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	3285001

    Tony

  44. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Appears to be in very good condition with all the accessories, first owner? It's a second generation with the "FAL" type magazines.
    How is the precision and favorite load?

    Best regards,
    Jeandee

  45. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Do you know the history of our rifle, only civilian use !?.
    Also complete with bipod and GunGuard case?

    Best regards,
    Jeandee

  46. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JEANDEE View Post
    Appears to be in very good condition with all the accessories, first owner? It's a second generation with the "FAL" type magazines.
    How is the precision and favorite load?

    Best regards,
    Jeandee
    New unfired (except factory)--- "second" owner--- this was Don Woods' (former owner of Gun South) personal firearm--- and has remained unfired!!!

    Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •