Knights Armament MK11 Mod 0 sws
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knights Armament MK11 Mod 0 sws

Default Knights Armament MK11 Mod 0 sws

Thought I would post a pic of my Knights Armament MK11 Mod 0 sws , I know itís not a older sniper rifle but she might be all time favorite rifle ever .

Last edited by BAKER72; 11-03-2017 at 07:17 PM.
    Two beers per day per man

Well you are right, it looks terribly modern.

Questions:

1. How much does weigh with a full magazine?

2. Could you carry it up a mountain in Montana, if you needed to?

3. How accurate is it in your hands?

4. How far away from a target, such as a game animal are YOU SURE, you could make a good clean shot?

I'm a hunter first, so that's naturally what springs up in my one track mind.

I’ve never weighed her it but it’s not so heavy that I can walk up a hill in the summer heat , she shoots very well better than i can shoot .
    I can shoot anywhere from 300 to 500 yards hitting the gong , a freind who is better shot gets way out there with her. my eyes got old all of a sudden I hit 45 and now 46 and I’m blind I would be able to kill a deer at 300yrds to 400 yards with good clean kill shot.
    Last edited by BAKER72; 06-11-2020 at 02:23 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Hello Baker, think this is "Sniper Rifle Form" not "Old Sniper Rifle Form" - So I like it !! Marked really neat. I know Knight and several of his "workers" (if you can call what they do as "work" - maybe fun) I will bet with some practice & right ammo you can really reach out there. My son (he is older than you) has 2 AR10 types and with a Steiner scope can reach a 21" bull out to 800yds plus (the longest known distance we have shot at). And I don't believe either would match your Knight's out of the box. You have a Neat rifle. Looks like I see a thread protector, have you tried a good can on it yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by BAKER72 View Post
    Iíve never weight her it but itís not so heavy that I can walk up a hill in the summer heat , she shoots very well better than i can shoot .
    I can shoot anywhere from 300 to 500 yards hitting the gong , a freind who is better shot gets way out there with her. my eyes got old all over sudden I hit 45 and now 46 and Iím blind I would be able to kill a deer at 300yrds to 400 yards with good clean kill shot.
    Well good for you! It's a nice accurate rifle!

You might then enjoy reading an article in this months Field & Stream magazine. Page 28 " The Ultimate Deer AR".

Very nice. Does it predate the SR-25? Did it come with a test target? Regardless, they make a heck of a sniper rifle.

I Iíll check it, Iíve not gone hunting in years and Iíve been think about going again next year, maybe I will
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana Bearbait View Post
    Well good for you! It's a nice accurate rifle!

You might then enjoy reading an article in this months Field & Stream magazine. Page 28 " The Ultimate Deer AR".

Quote Originally Posted by sssniper View Post
    Hello Baker, think this is "Sniper Rifle Form" not "Old Sniper Rifle Form" - So I like it !! Marked really neat. I know Knight and several of his "workers" (if you can call what they do as "work" - maybe fun) I will bet with some practice & right ammo you can really reach out there. My son (he is older than you) has 2 AR10 types and with a Steiner scope can reach a 21" bull out to 800yds plus (the longest known distance we have shot at). And I don't believe either would match your Knight's out of the box. You have a Neat rifle. Looks like I see a thread protector, have you tried a good can on it yet ?
    So I talk with the people at Knights when I was confirm that she was a real MK11 which the confirmed very very nice people very helpful , yep going to do a little long distance shooting in week or so , I know it looks like a tread protector but I think itís just machined a little driffent on the end , I live in a state that is over run with gun hating liberals so no cans here,

Quote Originally Posted by mike radford View Post
    Very nice. Does it predate the SR-25? Did it come with a test target? Regardless, they make a heck of a sniper rifle.
    So here what I understand about these rifles or what I remember when I resreached her when I got her a few years back . the knights Armament SR25 is the base rifle and I think thatís the main civilian markings. the MK11 mod sws was made for the navy so they had specific mods done to their rifles and thatís why itís marked that way .she came with a very neat kit a pelican case ,cleaning kit ,sling , all foam cut for the rifle mags etc yep I have a test target paper for it manual etc

The Armyís SR25 is marked M110 and is specific to their needs around this time maybe 2005 ish the usmc needed a semi auto sniper rifle for urban use as they had a lot of targets and the M40 A3 A4 was having a hard time keeping up with so many targets as wasnít meant for urban conflict of course the upgraded M14 filled the gap for a bit they ordered SR25 with the M110 uppers on them which was marked as the MK11 MOD1 I guess as the marines are part of the navy they used the MK11 markings but mod1 for usmc v navy
    Im not sure what there using now or how many rifles where made , but most 7.62x51mm Kac rifles are marked SR25 , so your MK11 mod o mod1 and M110 are sort of rare.
    Also I was told by the cool people at knights that my rifle is marked a little different as they moved around the time my gun was made and she has Titusville v Vero Beach & knights Armament marked v knights manufacturing , so I was told she is a little rarer due to that . But I love everything about her , itís love boys pure love , lol donít tell my wife

Cheers Will
    Last edited by BAKER72; 11-02-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Thanks Will. I have shot an SR-25 quite a bit and I love them. Sub MOA is the norm and half MOA is frequent with Federal GM Match. Great rifle you have.

Thanks Will. I have shot an SR-25 quite a bit and I love them. Sub MOA is the norm and half MOA is frequent with Federal GM Match. Great rifle you have.
    Thanks mate

In her pelican case

Wishing I was in Texas & still trying to get back there...

I used an SR25 (aka the "Stoner") for OIF 2 thru 5, and parts of SOTIC I and II, (among the various other systems throughout those and other deployments): great SWS. VERY high confidence with it. It became my go-to, SWS of choice. (Not that my M24/762 or M24/300WM were bad-I liked both but its great having rapid fire/quick change mag in many situations.) USASFC ought to have kept it. The M110 as experienced by myself was a step down in several aspects-its ok but I want by Stoner back!!.
    Last edited by Shooter5; 12-13-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Hello Baker, Wow, nice complete package !!! Not to harp, but I checked with Knights website and still believe you should have a thread protector on the muzzle for suppressor or muzzle break / Flash hider ?? Unless left unthreaded to ship to your state? Too bad about no Cans in your state, my son picked up one of the Gemtec .30 cal. suppressors (Pricey), what a difference though. Well no matter, great rifle, skid

I have a Mk11 as well and can say without a doubt that mine is not threaded and it looks identical to BAKER72's rifle. There is a step there that was precision turned for the Mk11 suppressor and then that step was taped off before painting the barrel.

USMCsean is offline Super Moderator / Silver Bullet member/ Rocket Scientist

I'll post more tomorrow when I can do it on a real computer instead of a phone, but that is a homerun piece. Awesome gun.
    Semper Fi,
    Sean

Check out the newest forum on Gunboards! The Brass Exchange. Where reloaders can come and find the brass that they need. https://forums.gunboards.com/forumdi...Brass-Exchange

Please add your info for the Tikka 91/30 Survey at: https://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...=3975#post3975

We Marines believe that God gave America the greatest gift he could bestow to man while he lived on this earth-freedom. We also believe he gave us another gift nearly as precious-our soldiers, sailors, airmen, Coast Guardsmen, and Marines-to safeguard that gift and
    guarantee no force on this earth can every steal it away. It has been my distinct honor to have been with you here today. Rest assured our America, this experiment in democracy started over two centuries ago, will forever remain the "land of the free and home of the brave" so long as we never run out of tough young Americans who are willing to look beyond their own self-interest and comfortable lives, and go into the darkest and most dangerous places on earth to hunt down, and kill, those who would do us harm.
    Nov 13, 2010 Lt General John Kelly, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolfgun View Post
    I have a Mk11 as well and can say without a doubt that mine is not threaded and it looks identical to BAKER72's rifle. There is a step there that was precision turned for the Mk11 suppressor and then that step was taped off before painting the barrel.
    100% agreed it sort of looks like there is but there is not

Well, I'll be darned !! Not threaded. Skid

Look just forward of the gas block. The grooves allow for a can to be set, twisted and then locked in place with a clamp. The suppressor forms a shroud along the barrel with only a few inches past the end of the barrel. This keeps you from having 12-18" of can past the muzzle. Works very well but the can is only good the SR-25 family without a lot of mods to a different rifle.
    Don
    Tennessee Longhunters
    Patron Life NRA
    NMLRA

" Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shooting stuff" Bob Lee Swaggert in the movie Shooter.

Many of us always left the can on.

https://www.google.com/search?q=knig...SPTFICiqZWeAM:

O
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter5 View Post
    I wish I could have the can , Iím courious how your rifle is marked , can you post a pic

O

I wish I could have the can , Iím courious how your rifle is marked , can you post a pic
    Well, they're not my rifles - I wish! They are Uncle Sam's property. I dont recall any closeup pics and with CRS setting in I doubt any marks/stamping recollections. I just have random pics from deployments over the years.

Well, they're not my rifles - I wish! They are Uncle Sam's property. I dont recall any closeup pics and with CRS setting in I doubt any marks/stamping recollections. I just have random pics from deployments over the years.
    Ok cool

I used an SR25 (aka the "Stoner") for OIF 2 & 3, and parts of SOTIC I, (among the various other systems throughout those and other deployments): great SWS. VERY high confidence with it. It became my go-to, SWS of choice. USASFC ought to have kept it. The M110 as experienced by myself was a step down in several aspects.

Curious as to what changes they made to M110 v SR25 very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsean View Post
    I'll post more tomorrow when I can do it on a real computer instead of a phone, but that is a homerun piece. Awesome gun.
    Iíve always wonder what you were going to say mate ,

O

Best can do; no closeups that I can find. IIRC (and I have CRS bad...) ours were stamped "SR25": most of us called them "Stoners". I recall 'Knights, Florida,' etc stamped. Some guys painted/coated theirs tan & browns. I did that alot with most any other gun but I didnt with these two for some reason. Although I think at least one of ours in the early OIF years was painted tan...maybe I will find more pics; sometimes happens going thru old files.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stoner at Range Day.jpg  

Stoner Persian Mauser and Shorty.jpg  

PCC SR25 Stoner.jpg  

SR25 Knights Armament aka the Stoner Range Day.jpg  

Brand spanking new M110.jpg  

Last edited by Shooter5; 12-12-2018 at 08:23 AM.

Best can do; no closeups that I can find. IIRC (and I have CRS bad...) ours were stamped "SR25": most of us called them "Stoners". I recall 'Knights, Florida,' etc stamped. Some guys painted/coated theirs tan & browns. I did that alot with most any other gun but I didnt with these two for some reason. Although I think at least one of ours in the early OIF years was painted tan...maybe I will find more pics; sometimes happens going thru old files.
    Some pretty cool pics mate thank you for posting those.

Awesome rifle. I think uncasing it for shots under 800 yds is a waste of barrel life and good ammo.

Been rummaging thru old files again: Nothing but frustration with multiple attempts to find pics of any bolt action M24s in 300 Win Mags I used in OIF; thought sure I had some, maybe they turn up someday. That's the trouble with CRS (Cant' Remember Shinola)-have no idea where I put them...
    Anyway, I did find this random pic off the internet and I emphasize its NOT me/my unit, etc. It merely represents a similar type SWS in 300 WinMag used during the OIF/earlier OEF era, and its the only pic I can easily find for now and its simply posted for discussion/historical purposes. The versions I used were not organic to my unit but as I recall, JOS loans. In addition, IIRC, they were M24 receivers rebarreled to 300WM with a McMillan? A3 or A5? stock installed. I dont have any visibility on what entity did the work. The rifles we had were tack drivers and I had complete and utter confidence in their reliability and performance. I had no issues with the caliber as well as the cartridge load configuration as it was fielded back then, although improvements were eventually forthcoming. Bottom line: I absolutely liked the 300; it could beat the wind better than 762NATO, and my favorite - it had ALOT of thump.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 300 Win Mag.jpg  

Last edited by Shooter5; 01-16-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Found this post off the internet. I can confirm there were early scope/reticle issues that were fixed, of course. Some trigger issues IIRC. As I also recall, a SOTIC instructor reported less accuracy consistency past 600 compared to M24s which was a disappointment. I am unaware of any changes or improvements. IIRC, there was an issue taking the can off and on (or perhaps that was another SWS?); regardless, as far as it concerned me and others, the auto SWS's usually just kept the can on all the time. But I still want my Stoner back...!

https://www.military.com/kitup/2011/...urability.html

Been rummaging thru old files again: Nothing but frustration with multiple attempts to find pics of any bolt action M24s in 300 Win Mags I used in OIF; thought sure I had some, maybe they turn up someday. That's the trouble with CRS (Cant' Remember Shinola)-have no idea where I put them...
    Anyway, I did find this random pic off the internet and I emphasize its NOT me/my unit, etc. It merely represents a similar type SWS in 300 WinMag used during the OIF/earlier OEF era, and its the only pic I can easily find for now and its simply posted for discussion/historical purposes. The versions I used were not organic to my unit but as I recall, JOS loans. In addition, IIRC, they were M24 receivers rebarreled to 300WM with a McMillan? A3 or A5? stock installed. I dont have any visibility on what entity did the work. The rifles we had were tack drivers and I had complete and utter confidence in their reliability and performance. I had no issues with the caliber as well as the cartridge load configuration as it was fielded back then, although improvements were eventually forthcoming. Bottom line: I absolutely liked the 300; it could beat the wind better than 762NATO, and my favorite - it had ALOT of thump.
    So were these the same 300 win mag that navy uses? I know you said M24 receiver rebarreld to to 300 whatís the navy use for their seal teams is it a M24 rebarreld as well ? And I see the Marines are now uping their round to this as well but a different rifle

So were these the same 300 win mag that navy uses? I know you said M24 receiver rebarreld to to 300 whatís the navy use for their seal teams is it a M24 rebarreld as well ? And I see the Marines are now uping their round to this as well but a different rifle
    I dont have much direct knowledge of what the SEALs are using; if you are referring to the Mk13 then yes, the Navy and some other Army units use(d) it. The Mk13 was purpose built for 300WM. The rifle I am referring to is/was an M24 marked receiver that was rebarrelled to 300WM and set in some type of A3 or A5 type stock. I am unaware if Navy ever used those, perhaps they could have but I wouldnt be able to say for sure. If you didn't know the M24 receiver is a long-action and was purposefully chosen because in the 1980s there was still debate on the caliber choice and some of the old school guys still wanted the 30-06 caliber, if you can believe it. So, as a compromise, the long action was selected so that it could be rebarrelled if ever need be or desired. In a way, that turned out all good eventually because some rifles did get repurposed...just not 30-06 but 300WM, instead. Hope that answers.

WOW! Really cool rifle! I just wish they didn't cost so much. Thanks for sharing.

I dont have much direct knowledge of what the SEALs are using; if you are referring to the Mk13 then yes, the Navy and some other Army units use(d) it. The Mk13 was purpose built for 300WM. The rifle I am referring to is/was an M24 marked receiver that was rebarrelled to 300WM and set in some type of A3 or A5 type stock. I am unaware if Navy ever used those, perhaps they could have but I wouldnt be able to say for sure. If you didn't know the M24 receiver is a long-action and was purposefully chosen because in the 1980s there was still debate on the caliber choice and some of the old school guys still wanted the 30-06 caliber, if you can believe it. So, as a compromise, the long action was selected so that it could be rebarrelled if ever need be or desired. In a way, that turned out all good eventually because some rifles did get repurposed...just not 30-06 but 300WM, instead. Hope that answers.

Yep it does thanks for taking the time to explain it

Cheers mate

Will

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    WOW! Really cool rifle! I just wish they didn't cost so much. Thanks for sharing.
    Yep sort of silly how much they have gone up

Dug up this pic - albeit of one of our M110's, but it has the can off (a somewhat rare occurrence).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails M110 and M107.jpg  

Dug up this pic - albeit of one of our M110's, but it has the can off (a somewhat rare occurrence).
    Very cool

Great stuff. The M2010 seemed very heavy. It shouldered well good but just seemed heavy. I hated weight. What is your opinion on the weight for the caliber? Personally, and based on the original tests, I would want a 338. I know the new 220 round made a big difference but I am 338 biased, especially based on the original tests.

Great stuff. The M2010 seemed very heavy. It shouldered well good but just seemed heavy. I hated weight. What is your opinion on the weight for the caliber? Personally, and based on the original tests, I would want a 338. I know the new 220 round made a big difference but I am 338 biased, especially based on the original tests.
    That's a very great question which opens up a complex set of responses: M2010 weight: for a variety of reasons I find that I am neutral on its weight...but with a tendency to desire slightly a lighter platform, say cut off 1-2lbs. Overall I can live it as is. This is due in part to what I am used to - SWS tend to be "heavier" for stability as it assists in recoil management for larger calibers. Yet making the parts as robust as possible also makes them more rugged which is desirable for durability and maintaining zero. For lighter weight...I am probably already going to reach for a autoloader SWS at that point.
    Caliber: so many factors in that decision but I suspect pushing the less controversial and cheaper "Easy" button was a large factor. 300WM can do most of the work at the typical engagement ranges...and the ranges where the statistically significant amount of hits occur. Those farther out shots could use a bigger caliber, no doubt (ie 338 etc)...but those also tend to be lower percentage hits. Needs vs use; practical and pragmatic vs ideal under the greatest variety of conditions. In my view, oddly enough, I would tend to advocate for a 338 for those requirements that historically/typically called for the M107/50cal. The 50cals weight and size tended to make it impractical for dismounted patrol (tried it, not too fun) although its great to have when needed (of course). Better, would be a 338 type platform that can do, say 85% of the job an M107 can do for less weight and muzzle blast, etc.
    Hence, this is one reason I like the concept of the three-caliber, switch-barrel rifle platforms. (Ie, something like a 762NATO/300WM/338LM). But I like these type of discussions and we can go back and forth for quite awhile hashing things out. And thats how equipment and tactics gets better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OIR Team TOC.jpg  

OIR QRF.jpg  

That's a very great question which opens up a complex set of responses: M2010 weight: for a variety of reasons I find that I am neutral on its weight...but with a tendency to desire slightly a lighter platform, say cut off 1-2lbs. Overall I can live it as is. This is due in part to what I am used to - SWS tend to be "heavier" for stability as it assists in recoil management for larger calibers. Yet making the parts as robust as possible also makes them more rugged which is desirable for durability and maintaining zero. For lighter weight...I am probably already going to reach for a autoloader SWS at that point.
    Caliber: so many factors in that decision but I suspect pushing the less controversial and cheaper "Easy" button was a large factor. 300WM can do most of the work at the typical engagement ranges...and the ranges where the statistically significant amount of hits occur. Those farther out shots could use a bigger caliber, no doubt (ie 338 etc)...but those also tend to be lower percentage hits. Needs vs use; practical and pragmatic vs ideal under the greatest variety of conditions. In my view, oddly enough, I would tend to advocate for a 338 for those requirements that historically/typically called for the M107/50cal. The 50cals weight and size tended to make it impractical for dismounted patrol (tried it, not too fun) although its great to have when needed (of course). Better, would be a 338 type platform that can do, say 85% of the job an M107 can do for less weight and muzzle blast, etc.
    Hence, this is one reason I like the concept of the three-caliber, switch-barrel rifle platforms. (Ie, something like a 762NATO/300WM/338LM). But I like these type of discussions and we can go back and forth for quite awhile hashing things out. And thats how equipment and tactics gets better.
    I fell in love with the 3 cal. Remington modular system when I saw it at the international sniper competition at the Ft. Bragg SF sniper range. I tried to buy one, though I may wiggle one away from one Remington rep., estimated cost $25000, but the boss showed up with a big bank draft for the first lot after the tested 100. He said none to non-military. Sounds like the system fell a bit short after purchased?

I haven't been following the 5 W's on where the Modular rifle is going. I wonder if its because debate continues on the type of 338 to be chosen; IIRC its still up in the air (i.e., some favor the 338 Norma Mag) And it goes on...

Mate in this post with your M110 whatís in mounted in front of the scope

Mate in this post with your M110 whatís in mounted in front of the scope
    Night vision sight

Night vision sight
    Thanks

I would want a 338. I know the new 220 round made a big difference but I am 338 biased, especially based on the original tests.
    I overlooked to add; in my experience (albeit somewhat limited) I am also partial to other, esoteric, calibers. In particular, the 375 CheyTac. In some sense, it is a better amalgam of the 338 and 50cal; versatile, fantastic ballistics and performance. What's not to like?
    (Although the matter of non-standard issue calibers and SWS is, in and of itself, an entirely different discussion altogether.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast