Knights Armament MK11 Mod 0 sws - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 46 to 57 of 57

Thread: Knights Armament MK11 Mod 0 sws

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wishing I was in Texas & still trying to get back there...
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Here's a couple pics of a buddy with his "Stoner" (ie, SR25). Justin was a great Soldier, may he rest in peace. [Pics from the foundation/website his parents have setup in his memory: Legacy of Honor, a fine tribute to his memory and so, in other ways, his legacy of service continues].

    https://m.facebook.com/groups/315723...der&view=group

    https://04160cc.netsolhost.com/WordPress/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Patriot-Award-image-2.jpg  

    Patriot-Award-image-1.jpg  


  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Sorry for your loss, R.I.P Hero
    Two beers per day per man

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    13,313

    Default

    No such thing as just a soldier. They are the ones that sacrifice and win the conflict. RIP

  4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wishing I was in Texas & still trying to get back there...
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M79.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	243.5 KB 
ID:	3473825
    Thanks for the sentiments: Justin and many others will forever rest among our elite warriors in Valhalla.

    Found another SR25 pic: one is painted and the other has not been modified with camo alterations. Oddly, the tan has its can off for some reason (and this after stating that they were usually kept on LoL).

  6. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wishing I was in Texas & still trying to get back there...
    Posts
    660

    Default

    SFC Riley Stephens (KIA 28Sep2012 Afghanistan) with a Mk13 rifle. Riley was a solid dude; rest in God's peace brother.

    https://www.thecaregiverproject.com/...mily-gold-star

    https://www.amazon.com/Lions-Kandaha.../dp/0553386166
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SFC Riley Stephens.jpeg  

    SFC Riley G. Stephens KIA 2012 Afghanistan.jpeg  

    Lions of Khandahar.jpg  


  7. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1

    Default

    During the Afgan war I passed on the Mk11 Mod0 kit from KAC as it was at least $6KUSD and ordered an SR25 Light Weight Match with Cleaning kit, Dewey rod & Bore guide, six 20 rnd mags and KAC rings.
    I think i spent around $3KUSD.
    After at least six months the rifle was shipped.
    It has the Vero Beach address, And a K11xxx serial number.
    There is a space for the MK11 Mod0 marking but since it’s a civilian rifle, it’s not marked as such.
    I believe it has a Rem 5R barrel; instead of an Obermeyer.
    It wears a Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10 with KAC rings I originaly ordered.
    The barrel is not threaded for a suppressor and I find no marks near the gas block for mounting a suppressor.
    The scope ring installation and the US Military manual tell you exact slots to mount the rings for the Mark 4 3.5-10.
    http://www.biggerhammer.net/stoner/manuals/m110.pdf/
    -Richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8FCAC6CE-62C4-4585-A9A9-6D546B526BDE.jpg  

    8CAF6531-C77D-492A-B0AE-3CBCE4F16F16.jpg  

    878ABF1B-9F9C-48A3-8EA1-52FF596D2B38.jpg  

    9DA9E73C-2352-4FD6-A2DF-5096ED1A9AAC.jpg  

    3BD329A7-8129-428D-BF00-18AE56271EE1.jpg  


  8. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    13,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter5 View Post
    That's a very great question which opens up a complex set of responses: M2010 weight: for a variety of reasons I find that I am neutral on its weight...but with a tendency to desire slightly a lighter platform, say cut off 1-2lbs. Overall I can live it as is. This is due in part to what I am used to - SWS tend to be "heavier" for stability as it assists in recoil management for larger calibers. Yet making the parts as robust as possible also makes them more rugged which is desirable for durability and maintaining zero. For lighter weight...I am probably already going to reach for a autoloader SWS at that point.
    Caliber: so many factors in that decision but I suspect pushing the less controversial and cheaper "Easy" button was a large factor. 300WM can do most of the work at the typical engagement ranges...and the ranges where the statistically significant amount of hits occur. Those farther out shots could use a bigger caliber, no doubt (ie 338 etc)...but those also tend to be lower percentage hits. Needs vs use; practical and pragmatic vs ideal under the greatest variety of conditions. In my view, oddly enough, I would tend to advocate for a 338 for those requirements that historically/typically called for the M107/50cal. The 50cals weight and size tended to make it impractical for dismounted patrol (tried it, not too fun) although its great to have when needed (of course). Better, would be a 338 type platform that can do, say 85% of the job an M107 can do for less weight and muzzle blast, etc.
    Hence, this is one reason I like the concept of the three-caliber, switch-barrel rifle platforms. (Ie, something like a 762NATO/300WM/338LM). But I like these type of discussions and we can go back and forth for quite awhile hashing things out. And thats how equipment and tactics gets better.
    Old thread but I love it.

    I wish I had all the numbers from the original testing before the M2010 was adapted in 300WM. I have CRS too and can not recall the effective ranges but the 338LM was considerably better than 300 WM. MOA was 2,5 with the 50 Barret, 0.8 with 308 and 300WM and 0.6 with the 338LM. Of course the 50 had the most range but what you gonna hit but a vehicle(more their purpose anyway) at about 1800 yds with a 2.5 MOA rifle. That is why I was so impressed with the 338LM during testing for selection of the M2010 cal..

    I believe the Production Remington modular ended up with something like the 338S&W or something weird I have never seen. I am near sure the modular I fondled at the International sniper match was 338LM. I was offered to shoot it the next day but had to leave due to mom's health issue. Dang.

    Hope you are well.

  9. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Budrichard View Post
    During the Afgan war I passed on the Mk11 Mod0 kit from KAC as it was at least $6KUSD and ordered an SR25 Light Weight Match with Cleaning kit, Dewey rod & Bore guide, six 20 rnd mags and KAC rings.
    I think i spent around $3KUSD.
    After at least six months the rifle was shipped.
    It has the Vero Beach address, And a K11xxx serial number.
    There is a space for the MK11 Mod0 marking but since it’s a civilian rifle, it’s not marked as such.
    I believe it has a Rem 5R barrel; instead of an Obermeyer.
    It wears a Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10 with KAC rings I originaly ordered.
    The barrel is not threaded for a suppressor and I find no marks near the gas block for mounting a suppressor.
    The scope ring installation and the US Military manual tell you exact slots to mount the rings for the Mark 4 3.5-10.
    http://www.biggerhammer.net/stoner/manuals/m110.pdf/
    -Richard
    These sws mod 0 MK11 or mod 1 MK11 sws Kit are going for a lot more than 6k now days, I paid a little more than 6 And me mates said I was nuts for paying that, I though at time I might of been stupid for paying that much, I gotta say I’m shocked at current prices For these rifles ,my rifle is not threaded for a suppressor either it mounts by the gas block the knights cans have a pin the mattes to the mount. I love these rifles yours looks tip top , congrats.

    Nice rifle mate

    Cheers Will
    Last edited by BAKER72; 06-03-2020 at 11:16 PM.
    Two beers per day per man

  10. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wishing I was in Texas & still trying to get back there...
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mike radford View Post
    Old thread but I love it.

    I wish I had all the numbers from the original testing before the M2010 was adapted in 300WM. I have CRS too and can not recall the effective ranges but the 338LM was considerably better than 300 WM. MOA was 2,5 with the 50 Barret, 0.8 with 308 and 300WM and 0.6 with the 338LM. Of course the 50 had the most range but what you gonna hit but a vehicle(more their purpose anyway) at about 1800 yds with a 2.5 MOA rifle. That is why I was so impressed with the 338LM during testing for selection of the M2010 cal..

    I believe the Production Remington modular ended up with something like the 338S&W or something weird I have never seen. I am near sure the modular I fondled at the International sniper match was 338LM. I was offered to shoot it the next day but had to leave due to mom's health issue. Dang.

    Hope you are well.
    Mike: I agree, the 338 series is the better choice for extended long range...even better than the 300 series of whichever type. Having said that, it appears SOCOM made the smartest move possible: instead of arguing for which specific caliber a rifle should be fielded: why not just get a multi-caliber SWS? MRAD...it's Brilliant! It appears the Norma load has won out over the Lapua version. Ya'll take care.

    https://www.tactical-life.com/news/p...iper-contract/

    https://taskandpurpose.com/military-...per-rifle-mrad

    https://www.militarytimes.com/off-du...-sniper-rifle/

    https://www.wearethemighty.com/gear-...ifle-usmc-army
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best thing since sliced bread.png  


  11. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    252

    Default

    The Army's new Sniper Rifle (MK22 ASR) with Retired Special Forces Snipe...

    https://youtu.be/sAlmlb8W_DE
    Two beers per day per man

  12. #56
    USMCsean's Avatar
    USMCsean is offline Super Moderator / Silver Bullet member/ Rocket Scientist
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Buckeye country
    Posts
    105,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BAKER72 View Post
    Iíve always wonder what you were going to say mate ,
    I can't even remember! LOL
    Semper Fi,
    Sean



    Check out the newest forum on Gunboards! The Brass Exchange. Where reloaders can come and find the brass that they need. https://forums.gunboards.com/forumdi...Brass-Exchange

    Please add your info for the Tikka 91/30 Survey at: https://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...=3975#post3975

    We Marines believe that God gave America the greatest gift he could bestow to man while he lived on this earth-freedom. We also believe he gave us another gift nearly as precious-our soldiers, sailors, airmen, Coast Guardsmen, and Marines-to safeguard that gift and
    guarantee no force on this earth can every steal it away. It has been my distinct honor to have been with you here today. Rest assured our America, this experiment in democracy started over two centuries ago, will forever remain the "land of the free and home of the brave" so long as we never run out of tough young Americans who are willing to look beyond their own self-interest and comfortable lives, and go into the darkest and most dangerous places on earth to hunt down, and kill, those who would do us harm.
    Nov 13, 2010 Lt General John Kelly, USMC

  13. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    13,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BAKER72 View Post
    The Army's new Sniper Rifle (MK22 ASR) with Retired Special Forces Snipe...

    https://youtu.be/sAlmlb8W_DE
    Wow. Thanks for the link. It is amazing how fast the military upgrades these days.

    Barret told me they were working on a modular system 3 or 4 years ago and told me I could buy one. I should have planned and listened.

    Now I want one bad. Wonder what I will have to sale? Barrets is so much easier to deal with than Remington.
    Last edited by mike radford; 06-18-2020 at 03:18 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •