91/38

Thread: 91/38

Default 91/38

I find next to nothing on these. Would they fall under the Czech weapons Board or the Mosin board? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by panfish2010 View Post
    I find next to nothing on these. Would they fall under the Czech weapons Board or the Mosin board? Thanks!
    Mosin board. They are posted here I know I have posted my 3 here. Did you buy one you are looking to show off or looking at purchasing or just more info?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    -stock extraordinaire

Start here>
    http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinM9138.htm

A Google search may help as well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

If you have questions about them, post them here! Lots of knowledgeable folks here on these particular models! Surveys and other info too. Really neat in my opinion these models. One could call it the 91/44/38. In all examples I have seen they were cut down M91s or Dragoons that had M44 style bayonet sleeves installed on them. Then they were later modified and turned down to match the barrel contour. I can't recall if I have ever seen one of these models that was not of Imperial date.
    Mosin Prime!

Check to see if you got an email from me yesterday. I have some info I can send you.

Just looking to see more. I probably see less on them than any other model it seems.

Sorry I may have missed it as I wasn't looking for it at time. Can you resnd?

Quote Originally Posted by panfish2010 View Post
    Just looking to see more. I probably see less on them than any other model it seems.
    There isn't all that much to say really. They are Bulgarian conversions (not Czech) made in the 1950s/1960s from junk M91 rifles. Many (or maybe all, who knows) had M44 bayonet assemblies at one time but virtually all were removed.

The rifles were probably all made for Bulgarian communist paramilitary units.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks. I have run into just about every other model, but never seen one of these myself. supposedly they are not "rare" but just haven't run across one. Thanks.

Hard to see first hand all the variations of Mosin Nagant rifles unless you frequent lots of collector type gun shows or know some MN collectors.
    Dunno how many variations there are but at least several dozen., with some ranging from uncommon to "rare".