Westinghouse 1915r Nagant chamber issues????

Thread: Westinghouse 1915r Nagant chamber issues????

Default Westinghouse 1915r Nagant chamber issues????

Hello Fellow Forumers

I have a Westinghouse 1915r Nagant rifle with Finish capture mark and reworked spliced stock. It will chamber surplus ammo, but will it will not chamber most of my reloads. I'm worried and cornfused why it's doing this. Ant help a plus.

First off you have a Westinghouse Mosin 1915r rifle before anyone jumps you about that. The Nagant is a pistol. Common made error so don't sweat the small stuff. Will your reloads work in other rifles? Is the rifle marked with a D on the barrel badge plate? What do the spent Milsurp cartridges look like? Marks or wrinkles or anything on them? Lets just start there and see what your answers are, Oh and pics of the spent cartridges won't hurt either. Lets see if we can figure this out. Bill
    zeebill live from the hills of West Virginia!

Well Mr. Zeebill

Yes, my reloads work on all my Mosin's (M38, M44, 91/30), its just with this rifle. I've used what ever i had on hand or was on sale . I have not used that rifle in about 2 years, so i would have to take it out next time. I was going to shot a surplus round, then send the spent case to Lee Percussion to have a die made for that rifle. But if I can fix it, then no need to add another die on the work bench. As for bulged or flat primers, wrinkled or deformed cases none that i remember. I'll have to look at the rifle for that "D" marking you have mentioned though. What does that mark signify?

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

The D mark would just mean the finns had opened the throat a bit so that the finnish 200gr D166 bullet would chamber. It had a longer ogive to the bullet thus meaning the throat had to be enlarged.

What grain and type of bullets are you using, and what OAL are you seating them to? Another possibility is your not bumping your shoulders back far enough when resizing your cases....
    RIP Kevin Carney 10/3/14

They'll always be a empty chair at the gunshows for you buddy.

BMO: Why don't you do some detailed measurements of your reloads and compare to the surplus cartridges? Any decent vernier caliper should suffice.

Ruprecht

Chamber casting. Get some Cerrosafe. https://www.brownells.com/search/ind...safe&ksubmit=y
    211 BC: I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Gnaeus Fulvius Centumalus Maximus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a denarius in any one day.

2016 AD: To enhance our community's aggregate through multi-platform metrics of media synergy catalyzing integrated outcomes of macro-disciplines toward inclusive methodology paradigms generating positive algorithms of unwavering commitment to our children, the flag, and God.

Are you case sizing your reloads or just neck sizing?

Well gents, I took it to the range this weekend and shot a good group. No issues with reloads not chambering. I had a box or reload 7.62x54r that I had recently reloaded and it worked, no issues. Good grouping for offhand/standing (no table or bench rest).

As for load data I use the Lee book 2nd edition
    I don’t have the box in front of me but I was with Vargret powder 150 gr. fmj .308 bullet. I load all my “Mosins” (&#x1f609 ammo foder with .308 bullets.

I must have not set my die correctly on that load that would not chamber in that rifle, but it worked on my other mosin’s. Are the Westinghouse rifles made with tighter tolerance? Well I’m just glad the o’l girl is good to go.

Thanks again gents for the info.

Nick is offline Super Moderator/Diamond Bullet member

Quote Originally Posted by zeebill View Post
    First off you have a Westinghouse Mosin 1915r rifle before anyone jumps you about that.
    Well, I will jump. It's a three-line rifle model of 1891. No Russian or Soviet manual ever called that rifle a Mosin, always a three-line rifle or 7.62 mm rifle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nastavlenie 91-30 Cover.jpg  

Cover.jpg  

"It's impossible to grasp the boundless" - Kozma Prutkov

"Бросая в воду камешки, смотри на круги, ими образуемые; иначе такое бросание будет пустою забавою." - Козьма Прутков

"A який чоловiк горилку не п'є - то вiн або хворий, або падлюка." - Невідомий українець